Perl documenation url

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Xah Lee, Sep 21, 2005.

  1. Xah Lee

    Xah Lee Guest

    Xah Lee, Sep 21, 2005

  2. Also sprach Xah Lee:
    > the official Perl documentations used to be
    > http://www.perl.com/pub/v/documentation
    > around 2004 but now it is redirected to
    > http://www.perl.com/pub/q/documentation
    >
    > does anyone know what's the change for? will the v url be gone?
    >
    > on my website i linked to the v url, but seems that i should use the q
    > one.

    Better have your link point to <http://perldoc.perl.org/>. The link you
    mentioned doesn't appear to have the full perldocs of a standard Perl
    distribution.

    Tassilo
    --
    use bigint;
    Tassilo v. Parseval, Sep 21, 2005

  3. Xah Lee

    Xah Lee Guest

    > Better have your link point to <http://perldoc.perl.org/>. The link you

    Thanks. That's super!

    Xah

    ∑ http://xahlee.org/

    Xah Lee, Sep 21, 2005
  4. Xah Lee

    Xah Lee Guest

    http://perldoc.perl.org/

    the perl doc has really come of age. I love the “highlighting and
    linking of code examplesâ€. It is excellent. And, the Add This Page
    customizable menu.

    A question: it seems that the customizable menu is based on cookies and
    a centra server. (haven't lookt at the html source yet) But can't it be
    made so it's based on Javascript and DOM? as to make the feature work
    for offline versions as well?

    also, i hope there's a version with static menus or html frames. The
    current version requires Javascript. If Javascript is turned off, the
    side bar doesn't show and it became near impossible to navigate.

    Xah

    ∑ http://xahlee.org/
    Xah Lee, Sep 21, 2005