perl embedding test fails on z/OS

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by dazio_r@hotmail.com, Jan 7, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I have configured perl-5.8.6 on a z/OS box (v1 R4) using 'sh Configure
    -Dmake=gmake -de' and then did 'gmake'.

    Then I ran './perl lib/ExtUtils/t/Embed.t' but I get this message :
    # embed_test = ./embed_test
    ok 2
    ok 3
    CEE3204S The system detected a protection exception (System Completion
    Code=0C4)
    ..
    >From entry point S_init_postdump_symbols at compile unit

    offset +000003
    D8 at entry offset +000003D8 at address
    2010D878.
    not ok 9 # system returned 11

    The error comes due to the following piece of code in Embed.t :
    perl_parse(my_perl, NULL, (sizeof(cmds)/sizeof(char *))-1, cmds, env);

    c89 is the compiler used. Any thoughts on why the protection exception
    is being generated.

    Thanks in advance,
    Rajarshi.

    , Jan 7, 2005