Perl Examples

Kristoff

Hi,

I'm learning Perl and CGI with the book Visual Quickstart Guide by
Elizabeth Castro. The problem is that I have the first edition book,
while Castro only has Perl and CGI example files for her second edition
book (available from her web site). Does anybody out there happen to
still have the Perl and CGI examples from Castro's first book??

I've emailed Castro, but have not received a response, as of yet.

Kristoff

Julia deSilva

I'm learning Perl and CGI with the book Visual Quickstart Guide by
Elizabeth Castro. The problem is that I have the first edition book,
while Castro only has Perl and CGI example files for her second edition
book (available from her web site). Does anybody out there happen to
still have the Perl and CGI examples from Castro's first book??

I've emailed Castro, but have not received a response, as of yet.

While that book is OK for the most basic elements it doesn't mention
my, cgi.pm or strict, or warnings or slurping or ...........
and can get you off on the wrong track if you're not careful.

Dave Cross

Hi,

I'm learning Perl and CGI with the book Visual Quickstart Guide by
Elizabeth Castro. The problem is that I have the first edition book,
while Castro only has Perl and CGI example files for her second edition
book (available from her web site). Does anybody out there happen to
still have the Perl and CGI examples from Castro's first book??

I've emailed Castro, but have not received a response, as of yet.

Actually the examples from the first edition are still available on the
web site. Go to <http://www.cookwood.com/perl/examples/perlexamples.html>
and look at the links in the final paragraph.

Julia has already warned you of the problems with that book. You'll find
that the 2nd edition has fixed most of these problems.

The Perl community's recommendations for Perl books (including beginners'
tutorials) are in the Perl FAQ. Try typing "perldoc -q books" at your
command line.

Dave...