perl.exe consuming all cpu

hegyvari

Hello,

Tried to ask this in comp.databases.oracle.server but it seems to be
more perl related than Oracle so I thought I might as well try my luck
here.

I have a Win2000SP4 box where I have installed the latest Oracle
database server. It has a feature called dbconsole, which is a service
running in the background. It can be used via a browser on a custom
port. The problem is that after using this thing for half a minute, two
perl.exe processes appear out of the blue sky (I mean they are not
connected to any special thing I do on the console) and start eating up
all the cpu and the memory. This is where I am stuck, as I neither have
the tools nor the knowledge to investigate further.

perl.exe came with Oracle, it is 5.8.2 if I remember correctly. The box
is not a clean install, I might have installed something which causes
this to happen. I removed the .net framework but could not think of
anything else.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Regards,

Hegyvari Krisztian

Mark Hobley

perl.exe processes appear out of the blue sky (I mean they are not
connected to any special thing I do on the console) and start eating up
all the cpu and the memory.

Does the task manager identify the parent process on Windows 2000?

Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Hobley
393 Quinton Road West

Telephone: (0121) 247 1596
International: 0044 121 247 1596

http://markhobley.yi.org/

hegyvari

Does the task manager identify the parent process on Windows 2000?

Yes, it is emagent.exe. I use process explorer, it shows many things.