Perl for data encryption

hitachi4

Hi all
I am working on Sybase. There are several databases for which I
want to encrypt the data with keeping the data integrity.
Here I am using a approch to have a mapping file which will contain the
Origianl Value and masked Value. So each time a select a table to mask
the value first I am looking into this mapping file for the presence of
that value. So if it is there I am directly picking of that encrypted
value otherwise generating a new value and putting that value into the
mapping file.
I am using Perl for the above. But as the data size is huge, it
takes too much time to complete the encryption. Can anybody suggest any
performance improvement tips for the same.

Thanking in advance

-Hitachi.

Gregory Toomey

Hi all
I am working on Sybase. There are several databases for which I
want to encrypt the data with keeping the data integrity.
Here I am using a approch to have a mapping file which will contain the
Origianl Value and masked Value. So each time a select a table to mask
the value first I am looking into this mapping file for the presence of
that value. So if it is there I am directly picking of that encrypted
value otherwise generating a new value and putting that value into the
mapping file.
I am using Perl for the above. But as the data size is huge, it
takes too much time to complete the encryption. Can anybody suggest any
performance improvement tips for the same.

Thanking in advance

-Hitachi.

Maybe a symmetric cipher like RC4
http://search.cpan.org/~dbrobins/Net-SSH-Perl-1.26/lib/Net/SSH/Perl/Cipher/RC4.pm