Perl for processing XML

Ross Clement

Hi. I'm going to add a lecture on XML processing in Perl to my
(university) Perl course. I was just wondering if anyone would like to
recommend their favourite modules and libraries for XML. I assure
people that I'm not as lazy as I sound, and will be surveying the
libraries myself, but will probably not consider everything. No
guarantees that I'll cover what people recommend (there being only
limited time in a single lecture), but I would appreciate any
suggestions.

Cheers,

Ross-c

Michel Rodriguez

Ross said:
Hi. I'm going to add a lecture on XML processing in Perl to my
(university) Perl course. I was just wondering if anyone would like to
recommend their favourite modules and libraries for XML. I assure
people that I'm not as lazy as I sound, and will be surveying the
libraries myself, but will probably not consider everything. No
guarantees that I'll cover what people recommend (there being only
limited time in a single lecture), but I would appreciate any
suggestions.

You can have a look at those:

The perl-XML FAQ: http://perl-xml.sourceforge.net/faq/
Kip Hampton's column on XML.com: http://www.xml.com/pub/au/83
The "Ways to Rome" series: http://xmltwig.com/article/index_wtr.html

And of course you can guess what my favourite module is from my .sig ;--)

Ross Clement

Michel Rodriguez said:
Ross said:
Hi. I'm going to add a lecture on XML processing in Perl to my
(university) Perl course. I was just wondering if anyone would like to
recommend their favourite modules and libraries for XML. I assure
You can have a look at those:
[deletia]
And of course you can guess what my favourite module is from my .sig ;--)

Thanks very much. Unfortunately I was side-tracked when I was planning
to search for modules, and couldn't return for a while. Given that
you've given me (now that I'm searching) all the right ones, you have
done all my research for me. I'll try to include xmltwig in my notes
:)

Cheers,

Ross-c