perl for to use imagemagick with php is the better solutions?

provaands

For to use ImageMagick with Php is necessary to do a call to the
programm with command exec, or system, or shell_exec etc..; but this is
no good;

I do not want a directly called to system. I have found that interface
with Perl is the better solution. Is real? So, the safe_mode can
remain on ?

Is there a module Perl (I not know the language) ?

Is there a link with example for to do this?

Thank