perl ftp problems

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by robt, Feb 15, 2007.

  1. robt

    robt Guest

    I have a perl script using the ftp module which I'm having a problem
    with. The script ftp's a file to a server and will first rename the
    file on the server if it already exists. I am receiving errors from
    the script if I am connecting to a Solaris 9 or 10 server but it works
    fine if I connect to a Solaris 8 server. The code I'm having trouble
    with is:

    @files=$ftp->ls("$filename") or $err=1;

    When connecting to a solaris 8 server, the filename is returned if the
    file exists and the following is returned if it does not exist:
    /bin/ls: tst1: No such file or directory

    However, when connecting to a solaris 10 server, the filename is
    returned if the file exists but I receive the following error if the
    file does not exist:
    Illegal seek

    Has anyone run into this problem and is there a solution?

    Thanks.
    robt, Feb 15, 2007