Perl / GTK db frontend

Guest

Hi all.

I'm learning Perl, and I would like to get into GUI building with Perl
GTK. I'm a database admin, so I'll also be using DBI to access MySQL +
SQL Server.

I've had a look at using Glade and using glade2perl ( or something like
that ) to convert the Glade xml files into Perl GTK thingies, but
obviously this process is one-way only ... I can't make changes to the
Perl GTK app and then go back and change the GUI via Glade. And this is
before I even get started on bringing the database stuff into the equation.

Are there any IDEs which will do what I'm after ( commercial or not )?

Also, I assume that I'll have to write functions to handle accessing the
database, and looping through all the fields on a form ( or window or
whatever ) and handling updates etc. Or has this already been done?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Pfister Andreas

Hello

I m using Perl-TK and thats a good solution because its very independent.
Its running on LINUX,SUN,WINDOWS and....

Greetings Andy