Perl IDEs

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Paul Lalli, Jul 7, 2004.

  1. Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli Guest

    On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Thomas Kaufmann wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I'm a Perl-Newbie and I looking for good and modern Perl-IDEs. Can you help me?

    This topic has been covered about 4 times in the past 2 months of this
    group. Go to groups.google.com, and search the archives of this group for
    "IDE" or "editor".

    Paul Lalli
    Paul Lalli, Jul 7, 2004

  2. Hi there,

    I'm a Perl-Newbie and I looking for good and modern Perl-IDEs. Can you help me?

    o-o

    Thomas
    Thomas Kaufmann, Jul 7, 2004

  3. Thomas Kaufmann <> wrote:

    > I'm a Perl-Newbie

    Please check the Perl FAQ *before* posting to the Perl newsgroup.

    > and I looking for good and modern Perl-IDEs. Can you help me?

    perldoc -q IDE

    Is there an IDE or Windows Perl Editor?

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Jul 7, 2004
  4. Someone wrote:

    > Is there an IDE or Windows Perl Editor?

    The Zeus Programmer's Editor Version 3.93 now with perl:

    http://www.zeusedit.com/perl.html

    Jussi Jumppanen
    Author of: Zeus for Windows, Win32 (Brief, WordStar, Emacs) Text Editor
    "The C/C++, Java, HTML, FTP, Python, PHP, Perl programmer's editor"
    http://www.zeusedit.com
    Jussi Jumppanen, Jul 8, 2004
  5. Paul Lalli

    Mothra Guest

    "Bernard El-Hagin" <> wrote in

    > Thomas Kaufmann <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> I'm a Perl-Newbie and I looking for good and modern Perl-IDEs. Can
    >> you help me?

    > Console + screen + vim. Oh wait, you said modern. xterm + screen + vim.

    vim? what's wrong with vi? or ed?

    ;o)
    Mothra, Jan 12, 2005
  6. Paul Lalli

    phaylon Guest

    Mothra wrote:

    > vim? what's wrong with vi? or ed?

    I like that Completion-Feature of Eclipse. OTOH sometimes it lacks in
    syntax-highlighting, specially things with an # in it.

    http://www.dunkelheit.at/

    »Better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven«
    -- John Milton, »Paradise Lost«
    phaylon, Jan 12, 2005
  7. Paul Lalli

    Alain Star Guest

    :::: I'm a Perl-Newbie and I looking for good and modern Perl-IDEs. Can
    :::: you help me?

    UltraEdit is very fine. You can even syntax check or run your script within.

    AS
    --
    http://cri.ch/perl_neticq.html
    Alain Star, Jan 12, 2005
  8. Paul Lalli

    Anno Siegel Guest

    Mothra <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > "Bernard El-Hagin" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Thomas Kaufmann <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi there,
    > >>
    > >> I'm a Perl-Newbie and I looking for good and modern Perl-IDEs. Can
    > >> you help me?

    > > Console + screen + vim. Oh wait, you said modern. xterm + screen + vim.

    > vim? what's wrong with vi? or ed?

    The one good thing about IDEs is the ability to point your editor to
    the place where an error occurred without having to type in the line
    number (and possibly filename).

    Vim (as opposed to vi and other clones) has the QuickFix feature that
    supports this. QuickFix can be used with Perl through the module
    Vi::QuickFix, available from CPAN, author yours truly.

    Anno
    Anno Siegel, Jan 12, 2005