Perl IDEs

Paul Lalli

Hi there,

I'm a Perl-Newbie and I looking for good and modern Perl-IDEs. Can you help me?

This topic has been covered about 4 times in the past 2 months of this
group. Go to groups.google.com, and search the archives of this group for
"IDE" or "editor".

Paul Lalli

Thomas Kaufmann

Hi there,

I'm a Perl-Newbie and I looking for good and modern Perl-IDEs. Can you help me?

o-o

Thomas

phaylon

Mothra said:
vim? what's wrong with vi? or ed?

I like that Completion-Feature of Eclipse. OTOH sometimes it lacks in
syntax-highlighting, specially things with an # in it.

Alain Star

:::: I'm a Perl-Newbie and I looking for good and modern Perl-IDEs. Can
:::: you help me?

UltraEdit is very fine. You can even syntax check or run your script within.

AS

Anno Siegel

Mothra said:
vim? what's wrong with vi? or ed?

The one good thing about IDEs is the ability to point your editor to
the place where an error occurred without having to type in the line
number (and possibly filename).

Vim (as opposed to vi and other clones) has the QuickFix feature that
supports this. QuickFix can be used with Perl through the module
Vi::QuickFix, available from CPAN, author yours truly.

Anno