[PERL] internal server error

Nicolas D

Hello,

I tried my perl scrip on my localhost and it' s OK.
When i upload it on a web server with perl interprer, i have "INTERNAL
SERVOR ERROR", i used chomp 755 for the files.cgi and its directory ,
i have the good path in the program begining . So what's the problem ?

Thanks

Nicolas DAOUT

Paul Lalli

Hello,

I tried my perl scrip on my localhost and it' s OK.
When i upload it on a web server with perl interprer, i have "INTERNAL
SERVOR ERROR", i used chomp 755 for the files.cgi and its directory ,
i have the good path in the program begining . So what's the problem ?

There could be any number of problems. First, did you check the error log
of your server? That will tell you exactly what the server error is.
Second, did you read the FAQ on this topic?

perldoc -q server

Third, you may want to consider adding the following lines to the top of
your CGI program:

use CGI::Carp qw/fatalsToBrowser warningsToBrowser/;
warningsToBrowser(1);

This will cause any perl compilation errors to be displayed on the
browser, rather than only on the server logs.

Paul Lalli

Jürgen Exner

Nicolas said:
I tried my perl scrip on my localhost and it' s OK.
When i upload it on a web server with perl interprer, i have "INTERNAL
SERVOR ERROR", i used chomp 755 for the files.cgi and its directory ,
i have the good path in the program begining . So what's the problem ?

This Question is Asked Frequently, please see 'perldoc -q 500';

jue