Perl LWP post to password protected script

jcharth

Hello i have a form that posts to a password protected script. Is there
a way to enter the username and password and post to a script with LWP?
I manage to get the form out of a password protected link using the LWP
username/password feature. but I dont think ill be lucky to post that
way. thanks

John Bokma

Hello i have a form that posts to a password protected script. Is there
a way to enter the username and password and post to a script with LWP?
I manage to get the form out of a password protected link using the LWP
username/password feature. but I dont think ill be lucky to post that
way. thanks

http://johnbokma.com/perl/phpbb-remote-backup.html
has a fine example of this using LWP::UserAgent. However, it might be very
well the case that you safe yourself some pain by using WWW::Mechanize.

jcharth

Thanks for the hints. I tried Get and it did not work that would have
being easy. too easy. I am passing variable to some kind of c demon.
may be post will work. ill will look a the example and hopefully get
some ideas on how to re POST all my variables to another script.

Ted Zlatanov

Hello i have a form that posts to a password protected script. Is there
a way to enter the username and password and post to a script with LWP?
I manage to get the form out of a password protected link using the LWP
username/password feature. but I dont think ill be lucky to post that
way. thanks

Is the password protection part of the form, or is it a web browser
pop-up? The latter requires a different kind of authentication (basic
HTTP realm authentication, usually) than a form fill-in.

Ted