Perl Mailing List script

poopdeville

Hello,

I've been looking for a good web based Perl mailing list administration
CGI script, but I haven't been able to find any that fit my needs.
Basically, I need a program that allows subscribing, unsubscribing
(with a MySQL backend), and mass (non-spam) e-mailing.
Majordomo/Majorcool looks nice, but my host can't run Majordomo. So I
plan to write one myself. Are there any 'gotchas' I should look out
for? It seems like there might be many. Better yet, is anyone
familiar with a open source script to do this?

Thanks!
'cid 'ooh

Keith Keller

Majordomo/Majorcool looks nice, but my host can't run Majordomo.

Why not? The limitations that preclude majordomo may also preclude you
writing (or using) your own code on this server.
So I
plan to write one myself. Are there any 'gotchas' I should look out
for? It seems like there might be many. Better yet, is anyone
familiar with a open source script to do this?

Check freshmeat. GNU Mailman is popular (though Python, so offtopic[0]).
I would strongly recommend against writing your own unless you have
investigated many other options and found them somehow lacking.

--keith

[0] well, more offtopic than the OP's post, anyway