Perl MakeMaker - how to force Perl linking with the static C library (libcrt.lib) instead of dynamic

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Avi, Apr 17, 2007.

  1. Avi

    Avi Guest

    Hi,

    I'm building a Perl extension (dll in Windows XP) using
    ExtUtils::MakeMaker.
    This dll needs to link with other libraries that were built in static
    mode (-MTd).
    My perl configuration states dynamic libraries (-MD) which causes
    MakeMaker to pull a dynamic C library (msvcrtd.dll).
    The other libraries are using the static C library (libcmtd.lib)
    These dynamic and static C libraries collide giving link errors.

    Is there a way to force perl to compile with (-MTd) albeit its
    configuration flags?
    I tried reinstalling Perl (ActiveState perl v5.8.8 built for MSWin32-
    x86-multi-thread) but didn't see an option to control the
    configuration flags.
    Also, my platform supports both dynamic (-MD) and static (-MTd)
    builds. Does this mean that I have to maintain two versions of Perl?

    Thanks,

    Avner

    Avi, Apr 17, 2007