perl -MCPAN -e install

yasaswi

On a RHEL 4.0 server, I ran the command perl -MCPAN -e install for the
first time as root. The configuration went fine till me selecting the
different FTP sites and me choosing the continent and country. Then the
process died saying, "commit .... file closed".
I tried to get back on and run the command, but everytime I run it I
come straight back to the prompt. Please help.
Thanks,
Yasaswi

Mark Clements

yasaswi said:
On a RHEL 4.0 server, I ran the command perl -MCPAN -e install for the
first time as root. The configuration went fine till me selecting the
different FTP sites and me choosing the continent and country. Then the
process died saying, "commit .... file closed".
I tried to get back on and run the command, but everytime I run it I
come straight back to the prompt. Please help.
Thanks,
Yasaswi

It's possible that your configuration file is hosed, possibly because you ran
out of disk space. Check

~/.cpan/CPAN/MyConfig.pm

and since you are running as root, also the central CPAN config file

eg

/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.2/CPAN/Config.pm

Mark