Perl module for accessing dbase files

Bill H

Has anyone used any of the modules on cpan for creating and
manipulating dbase style database files? The few I found on there seem
to be pretty old (one was from 1999).

I am looking for the ability to create, edit, append and sort dbase
files that will be accessed through an intranet "web-based" interface.
The reason behind using dbase versus msql or others is that the
clients have all their data in dbase format and use stand alone
programs to work with it also.

Any / all help appreciated

Bill H

Ekki Plicht (DF4OR)

Bill said:
Has anyone used any of the modules on cpan for creating and
manipulating dbase style database files? The few I found on there seem
to be pretty old (one was from 1999).

I have used (and still suing) DBD::Xbase with success. Everything works as
advertised. There is one shortcoming - you can't write files with indexes.
I can live with that, but for serious applications this might be a killer.

Rgds,
Ekki