Perl Module not executing on Windows 2000

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Uncle Sam, May 2, 2005.

  1. Uncle Sam

    Uncle Sam Guest

    Hi,
    This is regarding a perl module being called through a Perl Script.
    The problem is recenlty the OS platform where the script was running
    was changed from WINNT to Windows 2000 and the perl version 8.5.1 was
    installed after that the script is executing without executing the Perl
    Module. I have tried to extract the Perl Environment settings( Enclosed
    Below) I just wanted to know what can be the points of investigation to
    debug the problem as the script along with Perl module is executing
    fine in older enivironment. Is it some system settings to be modified
    or something els to be done. Please help me out :

    =============== Perl Env Settings ======================
    Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 8 subversion 1) configuration:
    Platform: osname=MSWin32, osvers=4.0,
    archname=MSWin32-x86-multi-thread uname='' config_args='undef'
    hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=undef usethreads=undef
    use5005threads=undef useithreads=define usemultiplicity=define
    useperlio=define d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=define usesocks=undef
    use64bitint=undef use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef
    usemymalloc=n, bincompat5005=undef
    Compiler:
    cc='cl', ccflags ='-nologo -Gf -W3 -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG -O1 -DWIN32
    -D_CONSOLE -DNO_STRICT -DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DNO_HASH_SEED
    -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -DUSE_PERLIO
    -DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX',
    optimize='-MD -Zi -DNDEBUG -O1', cppflags='-DWIN32'
    ccversion='', gccversion='', gccosandvers='' intsize=4,
    longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8, byteorder=1234
    d_longlong=undef, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=10
    ivtype='long', ivsize=4, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='__int64',
    lseeksi
    ze=8 alignbytes=8, prototype=define
    Linker and Libraries:
    ld='link', ldflags ='-nologo -nodefaultlib -debug -opt:ref,icf
    -libpath:"D:
    \Perl\lib\CORE" -machine:x86' libpth=C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\lib
    libs= oldnames.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib
    comdlg32
    ..lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib netapi32.lib
    uuid.lib wsock32.lib mpr.lib winmm.lib version.lib odbc32.lib
    odbccp32.lib msvcrt.lib
    perllibs= oldnames.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib
    winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib
    oleaut32.lib netapi32.lib uuid.lib
    wsock32.lib mpr.lib winmm.lib version.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib
    msvcrt.lib libc=msvcrt.lib, so=dll, useshrplib=yes,
    libperl=perl58.lib gnulibc_version='undef'

    Dynamic Linking:
    dlsrc=dl_win32.xs, dlext=dll, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=' '
    cccdlflags=' ', lddlflags='-dll -nologo -nodefaultlib -debug
[...]

    Compile-time options: MULTIPLICITY USE_ITHREADS USE_LARGE_FILES
    PERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS
    Locally applied patches: ActivePerl Build 807 Built under
    MSWin32 Compiled at Nov 3 2003 18:19:11
    @INC: D:/Perl/lib D:/Perl/site/lib .
    Uncle Sam, May 2, 2005

  2. Uncle Sam

    Peter Wyzl Guest

    "Uncle Sam" <> wrote in message
    : Hi,
    : This is regarding a perl module being called through a Perl Script.
    : The problem is recenlty the OS platform where the script was running
    : was changed from WINNT to Windows 2000 and the perl version 8.5.1 was
    : installed after that the script is executing without executing the Perl
    : Module. I have tried to extract the Perl Environment settings( Enclosed
    : Below) I just wanted to know what can be the points of investigation to
    : debug the problem as the script along with Perl module is executing
    : fine in older enivironment. Is it some system settings to be modified
    : or something els to be done. Please help me out :

    You mean Perl 5.8.1. Perl 8 is a long ways off yet...

    Could it be that the module is not a core module and you have not installed
    it in the Win2k environment?

    Since you don't provide any idea what the error is or waht the module is,
    this is just a guess...

    Peter Wyzl, May 2, 2005

  3. Uncle Sam

    Uncle Sam Guest

    Hi Peter,

    This is regarding a Perl Module namely : AdminMisc.pm used in our
    application. In on of the Perl Script we make use of the AdminMisc.pm
    to connect to a Domain Controller and gets some data from there.

    Problem is :recenlty the OS platform where the script was running was
    changed from WINNT to Windows 2000 and the perl version 8.5.1 was
    installed after that the script is executing without executing the Perl
    Module(AdminMisc.pm ). I have tried to extract the Perl Environment
    settings( Enclosed Below) I just wanted to know what can be the points
    of investigation to debug the problem as the script along with Perl
    module is executing fine in older enivironment. Is it some system
    settings to be modified or something else to be done. Any kind of an
    update to this issue will be of great help. Lookin forward to your
    advise.
    ======================== Perl Env Settings
    ================================
[...]

    =========================================================================================================

    =================================== AdminMisc.pm
    Code=======================================================

    package Win32::AdminMisc;

    #
    #AdminMisc.pm
    # (c) 1996-1999 By Dave Roth <>
    # Courtesy of Roth Consulting
    # http://www.roth.net/consult

    require Exporter;
    require DynaLoader;

    $PACKAGE = $Package = "Win32::AdminMisc";
    $VERSION = 19990405;

    die "The $Package module works only on Windows NT" if
    (!Win32::IsWinNT() );

    @ISA= qw( Exporter DynaLoader );
    # Items to export into callers namespace by default. Note: do not
    export
    # names by default without a very good reason. Use EXPORT_OK instead.
    # Do not simply export all your public functions/methods/constants.
    @EXPORT = qw(
    LOGON32_LOGON_INTERACTIVE
    LOGON32_LOGON_BATCH
    LOGON32_LOGON_SERVICE
    LOGON32_LOGON_NETWORK

    FILTER_TEMP_DUPLICATE_ACCOUNT
    FILTER_NORMAL_ACCOUNT
    FILTER_INTERDOMAIN_TRUST_ACCOUNT
    FILTER_WORKSTATION_TRUST_ACCOUNT
    FILTER_SERVER_TRUST_ACCOUNT

    UF_TEMP_DUPLICATE_ACCOUNT
    UF_NORMAL_ACCOUNT
    UF_INTERDOMAIN_TRUST_ACCOUNT
    UF_WORKSTATION_TRUST_ACCOUNT
    UF_SERVER_TRUST_ACCOUNT
    UF_MACHINE_ACCOUNT_MASK
    UF_ACCOUNT_TYPE_MASK
    UF_DONT_EXPIRE_PASSWD
    UF_SETTABLE_BITS
    UF_SCRIPT
    UF_ACCOUNTDISABLE
    UF_HOMEDIR_REQUIRED
    UF_LOCKOUT
    UF_PASSWD_NOTREQD
    UF_PASSWD_CANT_CHANGE

    USE_FORCE
    USE_LOTS_OF_FORCE
    USE_NOFORCE

    USER_PRIV_MASK
    USER_PRIV_GUEST
    USER_PRIV_USER
    USER_PRIV_ADMIN

    DRIVE_REMOVABLE
    DRIVE_FIXED
    DRIVE_REMOTE
    DRIVE_CDROM
    DRIVE_RAMDISK

    EWX_LOGOFF
    EWX_FORCE
    EWX_POWEROFF
    EWX_REBOOT
    EWX_SHUTDOWN

    STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW
    STARTF_USEPOSITION
    STARTF_USESIZE
    STARTF_USECOUNTCHARS
    STARTF_USEFILLATTRIBUTE
    STARTF_FORCEONFEEDBACK
    STARTF_FORCEOFFFEEDBACK
    STARTF_USESTDHANDLES

    CREATE_DEFAULT_ERROR_MODE
    CREATE_NEW_CONSOLE
    CREATE_NEW_PROCESS_GROUP
    CREATE_SEPARATE_WOW_VDM
    CREATE_SUSPENDED
    CREATE_UNICODE_ENVIRONMENT
    DEBUG_PROCESS
    DEBUG_ONLY_THIS_PROCESS
    DETACHED_PROCESS;

    HIGH_PRIORITY_CLASS
    IDLE_PRIORITY_CLASS
    NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS
    REALTIME_PRIORITY_CLASS

    SW_HIDE
    SW_MAXIMIZE
    SW_MINIMIZE
    SW_RESTORE
    SW_SHOW
    SW_SHOWDEFAULT
    SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED
    SW_SHOWMINIMIZED
    SW_SHOWMINNOACTIVE
    SW_SHOWNA
    SW_SHOWNOACTIVATE
    SW_SHOWNORMAL

    STD_INPUT_HANDLE
    STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE
    STD_ERROR_HANDLE

    FOREGROUND_RED
    FOREGROUND_BLUE
    FOREGROUND_GREEN
    FOREGROUND_INTENSITY
    BACKGROUND_RED
    BACKGROUND_BLUE
    BACKGROUND_GREEN
    BACKGROUND_INTENSITY

    MONDAY
    TUESDAY
    WEDNESDAY
    THURSDAY
    FRIDAY
    SATURDAY
    SUNDAY
    JOB_ADD_CURRENT_DATE
    JOB_RUN_PERIODICALLY
    JOB_EXEC_ERROR
    JOB_RUNS_TODAY
    JOB_NONINTERACTIVE

    ENV_SYSTEM
    ENV_USER

    GROUP_TYPE_ALL
    GROUP_TYPE_LOCAL
    GROUP_TYPE_GLOBAL

    FS_CASE_IS_PRESERVED
    FS_CASE_SENSITIVE
    FS_UNICODE_STORED_ON_DISK
    FS_PERSISTENT_ACLS
    FS_FILE_COMPRESSION
    FS_VOL_IS_COMPRESSED

    AF_OP_PRINT
    AF_OP_COMM
    AF_OP_SERVER
    AF_OP_ACCOUNTS

    );

    sub AUTOLOAD
    {
    # This AUTOLOAD is used to 'autoload' constants from the constant()
    # XS function. If a constant is not found then control is passed
    # to the AUTOLOAD in AutoLoader.

    my( $Constant ) = $AUTOLOAD;
    my( $Result, $Value );
    $Constant =~ s/.*:://;

    $Result = GetConstantValue( $Constant, $Value );

    if( 0 == $Result )
    {
    # The extension could not resolve the constant...
    $AutoLoader::AUTOLOAD = $AUTOLOAD;
    goto &AutoLoader::AUTOLOAD;
    return;
    }
    elsif( 1 == $Result )
    {
    # $Result == 1 if the constant is valid but not defined
    # that is, the extension knows that the constant exists but for
    # some wild reason it was not compiled with it.
    $pack = 0;
    ($pack,$file,$line) = caller;
    print "Your vendor has not defined $Package macro $constname,
    used in $file at line $line.";
    }
    elsif( 2 == $Result )
    {
    # If $Result == 2 then we have a string value
    $Value = "'$Value'";
    }
    # If $Result == 3 then we have a numeric value

    eval "sub $AUTOLOAD { return( $Value ); }";
    goto &$AUTOLOAD;
    }

    bootstrap $Package;

    # Preloaded methods go here.

    # Autoload methods go after __END__, and are processed by the autosplit
    program.

    1;
    __END__

    ========================================================================================================
    Uncle Sam, May 2, 2005
  4. Uncle Sam

    thundergnat Guest

    Uncle Sam wrote:
    > Hi Peter,
    >
    > This is regarding a Perl Module namely : AdminMisc.pm used in our
    > application. In on of the Perl Script we make use of the AdminMisc.pm
    > to connect to a Domain Controller and gets some data from there.
    >
    > Problem is :recenlty the OS platform where the script was running was
    > changed from WINNT to Windows 2000 and the perl version 8.5.1 was
    > installed after that the script is executing without executing the Perl
    > Module(AdminMisc.pm ). I have tried to extract the Perl Environment
    > settings( Enclosed Below) I just wanted to know what can be the points
    > of investigation to debug the problem as the script along with Perl
    > module is executing fine in older enivironment. Is it some system
    > settings to be modified or something else to be done. Any kind of an
    > update to this issue will be of great help. Lookin forward to your
    > advise.

    I may be wrong, but I suspect that this page may be of help.

    (Google is your friend.)

    http://www.roth.net/perl/adminmisc/#ParseException
    thundergnat, May 2, 2005
  5. Uncle Sam

    Sisyphus Guest

    "Uncle Sam" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Peter,
    >
    > This is regarding a Perl Module namely : AdminMisc.pm used in our
    > application. In on of the Perl Script we make use of the AdminMisc.pm
    > to connect to a Domain Controller and gets some data from there.

    The most important info you can give us is the one-or-two line error message
    that occurs when you run your script. (There's a good chance that's *all* we
    need to see.) Without that there's too much guesswork involved.

    I can guess that you're current Win32::AdminMisc was built for a version of
    perl that's earlier than 5.8.0 - but without the error message, that's just
    a stab in the dark.

    Cheers,
    Rob
    Sisyphus, May 3, 2005
  6. Uncle Sam

    Uncle Sam Guest

    Hi,

    No error comes up when the perl script using this package executes only
    thing is it exits from there . Here are some facts :

    Perl Version : 5.8.1.807
    Perl Code using the package :
    use Win32::AdminMisc;
    sub get_pdc
    {
    print "SUB : get_pdc";
    ($pdc = Win32::AdminMisc::GetPDC($domain)) or &logoff("Error : No
    PDC for domain $domain found!\n");
    }
    Uncle Sam, May 3, 2005