Perl on a mainframe system

Bob walker

I have a perl code written on a Windows system. Would i need to change
anything to run the same code on a mainframe system.

Thanks,

Brian McCauley

Bob said:
I have a perl code written on a Windows system. Would i need to change
anything to run the same code on a mainframe system.

Only is you used any non-portable features.

(Er, can you say tautology?)

Perl tries to be as portable as possible but also tries to give you as
much access as possible to each OSs OS-specific stuff.

First ensure you use no Win32 modules.

Then check that all the modules you do use support the target platform.

Also make sure you make no Windoze-centric filename assuptions (like
drive letters or using backslashes as directory separators).

Finally check the platfor specific documentation for the mainfame OS.

Jazeker

Bob said:
I have a perl code written on a Windows system. Would i need to change
anything to run the same code on a mainframe system.

Thanks,

Typical... now I start wondering whether Perl distributions do exist on
popular mainframes :-s