    I have a perl code written on a Windows system. Would i need to change
    anything to run the same code on a mainframe system.

    Thanks,

    Bob walker, May 31, 2005

  2. Bob walker wrote:

    > I have a perl code written on a Windows system. Would i need to change
    > anything to run the same code on a mainframe system.

    Only is you used any non-portable features.

    (Er, can you say tautology?)

    Perl tries to be as portable as possible but also tries to give you as
    much access as possible to each OSs OS-specific stuff.

    First ensure you use no Win32 modules.

    Then check that all the modules you do use support the target platform.

    Also make sure you make no Windoze-centric filename assuptions (like
    drive letters or using backslashes as directory separators).

    Finally check the platfor specific documentation for the mainfame OS.

    Brian McCauley, May 31, 2005

  3. Bob walker

    Jazeker Guest

    Bob walker wrote:
    > I have a perl code written on a Windows system. Would i need to change
    > anything to run the same code on a mainframe system.
    >
    > Thanks,

    Typical... now I start wondering whether Perl distributions do exist on
    popular mainframes :-s

    --
    print <<EOF;
    Just a noobish Perl hacker