    by downloading ActivePerl or is there a different program that must be
    installed on the server?
    Any information regarding the matter would be appreciated. Thank you.

    Zman, Oct 2, 2003

  2. Zman

    sdfgsd Guest

    > First I have to admit that I am very new to the web developing, but
    > the company I'm working for wants me to use cgi scripts to make its
    > web-sites look better.

    This is definately a new one! I don't know that perl/cgi is the best route
    for improving the aesthetics of a web site ;-)

    From the sound of your post, it seems like you have virtually no experience
    with perl (not an insult). If this is the case, maybe you should stick with
    a templating tool like php (www.php.net). It's much easier to start from
    scratch and there are many more resources to help you.

    Perl/cgi, FastCGI, mod_perl and the likes are serious tools that are hard to
    put to use from a dead stop. Forgive me if my presumptions or completely
    wrong.

    sdfgsd, Oct 2, 2003