perl one-liner question: add file into text.

ahq_2001

Hi, Guys:

I think perl should have the same ability to do this, but just not sure
how. Any help is welcomed!!!

Directory A (/home/dir_a) have these files:
file_A, file_B, file_C.

Directory B (/home/dir_b) have the corresponding notes:
file_A_note, file_B_note, file_C_note.

To append file_X_note into file_X at the end of the line
"Put_Note_Here" in file_A:
I know foreach + sed can do this with:

In dir_A: use

foreach f (*)
sed "/Put_Note_Here/ r ../dir_b/$f.note" $f >! tmp1 && mv tmp1 $f
end

Can any one help to show how can I use perl one-liner ( and/or shell
"foreach" ) to achieve the same function? (No offend to sed lover, but
I just prefer using perl... )

Many thanks.

AhQ

Anno Siegel

ahq_2001 said:
Hi, Guys:

I think perl should have the same ability to do this, but just not sure
how. Any help is welcomed!!!

Directory A (/home/dir_a) have these files:
file_A, file_B, file_C.

Directory B (/home/dir_b) have the corresponding notes:
file_A_note, file_B_note, file_C_note.

To append file_X_note into file_X at the end of the line
"Put_Note_Here" in file_A:
I know foreach + sed can do this with:

In dir_A: use

foreach f (*)

Can any one help to show how can I use perl one-liner ( and/or shell
"foreach" ) to achieve the same function? (No offend to sed lover, but
I just prefer using perl... )

So what did you try?

We're not in the business of translating scripts from whatever
language the poster happens to know. Take a look at s2p for sed.

Anno

Tsu Do Nimh

ahq_2001 said:
Hi, Guys:

I think perl should have the same ability to do this, but just not sure
how. Any help is welcomed!!!

Directory A (/home/dir_a) have these files:
file_A, file_B, file_C.

Directory B (/home/dir_b) have the corresponding notes:
file_A_note, file_B_note, file_C_note.

To append file_X_note into file_X at the end of the line
"Put_Note_Here" in file_A:
I know foreach + sed can do this with:

In dir_A: use

foreach f (*)

Can any one help to show how can I use perl one-liner ( and/or shell
"foreach" ) to achieve the same function? (No offend to sed lover, but
I just prefer using perl... )

Many thanks.

Ah

I know this one. Yay!