    Any Ideas on how I might troubleshoot this?

    Any possible fixes?

    -greenail

    Jesse Schoch, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Jesse Schoch

    Sisyphus Guest

    Jesse Schoch wrote:
    > I have a client that i wrote and built into a .exe with pp. I have
    > tested it on Win2k, WinXP, Win98, WinME, but for some reason on WinNT
    > 4.0 SP3 and SP6a it sometimes runs, and sometimes does not.
    >
    > The perl58.dll I uses is from the tiny perl distribution, I have tried
    > the active state dll with no change in behavior, it doesn't even throw
    > an error when it decides not to run, it takes about 3 tries, and then
    > it will run fine, no problem, but if i re-run it will crap out with no
    > error whatsoever.
    >
    > Any Ideas on how I might troubleshoot this?

    I assume the script was compiled with warnings enabled ?

    Try inserting some print statements at various (relevant) points in the
    script.

    My guess is that the exe runs, but is sometimes hanging at some point.
    Once you've identified that "point" (courtesy of the print statements)
    you might be able to sort it out.

    (Not very sophisticated :)

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Sep 26, 2003

  3. Jesse Schoch

    Jesse Schoch Guest

    problem was solved by replacing the perl dll (i was using the tinyperl
    dll locally) and compiling with the -d switch to pp. -d helped my
    disk usage for my app and utilities considerably. hope this helps
    someone.

    by the way, there was no error, or print messages shown whatso ever,
    perhaps tinyperl isn't tested so well on windows nt 4.

    -greenail

    Jesse Schoch, Oct 2, 2003