perl "PAR" examples ?

stuseven

+
I'd like to see a few examples of working PAR
files... this module is supposed to produce executables,
similar to what perl2exe does... however, virtually the
only PAR file I've been able to find online was at
CPAN... an interesting looking module for cron jobs -
but I cant use cron on my shell, so couldn't test it
(it did unpack nicely_ a bonus).

Does anybody have any simple, or maybe
not-so-simple, finished examples of PAR files/scripts
they'd like to share ?

P.S. - I'm sure the best way to see PAR work is to
use it... however, after installing all the
required modules, my PAR module failed in
the make step... the PAR site has yet to
"make good" on it's promise to package all the
required files in a... well... in a PAR file(!),
for those of us who are CPAN/connection
challenged.

Sisyphus

[snip]
P.S. - I'm sure the best way to see PAR work is to
use it... however, after installing all the
required modules, my PAR module failed in
the make step... the PAR site has yet to
"make good" on it's promise to package all the
required files in a... well... in a PAR file(!),
for those of us who are CPAN/connection
challenged.

Try installing it without using the CPAN module. Just download the PAR
source tarball from cpan, extract it to some location, cd to that location
and run in succession 'perl Makefile.PL', 'make test' and finally 'make
install' (if 'make test' runs successfully).

If there's still a problem, post the errors you get and someone might be
able to help out.

Cheers,
Rob