    for those of us who are CPAN/connection
    challenged.

    , Aug 13, 2005

  2. Sisyphus Guest

    <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > P.S. - I'm sure the best way to see PAR work is to
    > use it... however, after installing all the
    > required modules, my PAR module failed in
    > the make step... the PAR site has yet to
    > "make good" on it's promise to package all the
    > required files in a... well... in a PAR file(!),
    > for those of us who are CPAN/connection
    > challenged.

    Try installing it without using the CPAN module. Just download the PAR
    source tarball from cpan, extract it to some location, cd to that location
    and run in succession 'perl Makefile.PL', 'make test' and finally 'make
    install' (if 'make test' runs successfully).

    If there's still a problem, post the errors you get and someone might be
    able to help out.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Aug 15, 2005