Perl PGP question

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Zapp, Sep 9, 2003.

  1. Zapp

    Zapp Guest

    Hi

    I have been trying to find an answer for some time now. I'm trying to
    encrypt a text file and send as an email attachment.
    Running Pretty Good Privacy(tm) Version 6.5.8 on Solaris and have the 6.5.8
    GUI installed on windoze.

    I can encrypt using any imported public key on my key ring from the command
    line, but not from the script. It only encrypts from the script when I use
    the ID of the key that the webserver is running as.

    I have to then send the private key to the recipient and they import the
    webserver's ID key and can decrypt the attachment.

    The goal is a one way encrypted text file communication between us and one
    recipient, no rings or key servers involved.

    I really would rather encrypt with their public key. But that only works
    from the command line.

    I have narrowed it down to the PATH and the ENV.

    Anyone have experience w/ this and can point me in the right direction.

    Zapp, Sep 9, 2003