    perl in general) are welcome!

    Regards,
    Gilian

    Gilian, May 12, 2004

  2. Gilian

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "Gilian" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm working on a Windows 2000 system. I have ActiveState Perl
    > installed on the machine. Everything is working OK, so far.
    >
    > Now I need to write a script which will do some routines on a file and
    > at the end it has to encrypt the file with PGP. I have downloaded the
    > files from CPAN (Crypt::OpenPGP). Unfortunantly this refuses to be
    > installed.

    Probably because you didn't read the requirements. Finding Crypt modules for
    ActivePerl is tricky at best. AS doesn't create ppd files for most of them
    because they don't want the hassle of exporting cryptographic software. Your
    best best whenever it comes to Crypt modules on Windows is to use perl with
    cygwin and build them yourself.

    Matt

    Matt Garrish, May 13, 2004