Perl PGP

Gilian

Hello,

I'm working on a Windows 2000 system. I have ActiveState Perl
installed on the machine. Everything is working OK, so far.

Now I need to write a script which will do some routines on a file and
at the end it has to encrypt the file with PGP. I have downloaded the
files from CPAN (Crypt::OpenPGP). Unfortunantly this refuses to be
installed.

Does anyone have experiences with this module? Including installing
it? Also experiences with how you can work with this module (pgp in
perl in general) are welcome!

Regards,
Gilian

Matt Garrish

Gilian said:
Hello,

I'm working on a Windows 2000 system. I have ActiveState Perl
installed on the machine. Everything is working OK, so far.

Now I need to write a script which will do some routines on a file and
at the end it has to encrypt the file with PGP. I have downloaded the
files from CPAN (Crypt::OpenPGP). Unfortunantly this refuses to be
installed.

Probably because you didn't read the requirements. Finding Crypt modules for
ActivePerl is tricky at best. AS doesn't create ppd files for most of them
because they don't want the hassle of exporting cryptographic software. Your
best best whenever it comes to Crypt modules on Windows is to use perl with
cygwin and build them yourself.

Matt