Perl/PHP Web Software Architects Needed

rcopple

PERL/PHP Web Software Architect

We are seeking enthusiastic candidates that are looking to gain
international exposure in India. The IT industry is booming in India
and providing valuable opportunities for employees to gain
international exposure. We are also looking at NRI's and PIO's
that are interested in repatriating themselves back to India.

Work India has been retained by one of the top IT/Services companies in
the US Medical Billing Industry. Work India is assisting in locating
and hiring candidates for the position of PERL/PHP Web Software
Architects for their subsidiary in Chennai India.

Job Specifics
The Architect will be a senior member of our technology development
team. (S)he will be responsible for executing large-scale technology
initiatives through the full life-cycle of application development.
First and foremost, (s)he will develop deep expertise in both domain
content and technology, and will expect to spend the majority of
his/her time in hands-on coding. (S)he will be expected to develop
ownership of an area of the application. The Architect will provide
mentorship and guidance to more junior team members working in his/her
application zone, but will not expect to have direct management
responsibility. The Architect will be required to develop a deep
understanding of the business context and to become a source of ideas
as well as an executor. The Architect will be expected to be
proficient in PERL, SQL, DHTML, javascript, CSS, and general Linux
technologies.

Specific Qualifications
· Minimum 6 years experience hands-on software development work
· Demonstrated experience in a technical leadership role preparing
projects for distribution among multiple engineers
· Significant experience working on Unix/Linux-based web applications,
preferably with mod_Perl, LAMP or other open-source architectures
· Significant experience working with interpreted scripting languages
(eg PERL, PHP, Python, LISP, Sed/Awk)
· Specific, demonstrated command of PERL
· Experience with SQL (preferably Oracle SQL)
· Hands-on software developer: Minimum of 2,000 lines of code
personally written in past 24 months
· Geek at heart: Codes in spare time, just because it's fun
· A keen and inquisitive intellect
· Excellent English communication skills
· US work experience a key advantage
· Ability to absorb business context
· Ability to provide mentorship and leadership within a flat
organizational structure
· Ability to work effectively with operations staff and management to
identify and design effective innovations
· Enthusiasm, idealism, creativity, dedication and a little bit of
attitude
· Willingness and ability to travel to the US for up to two months
training

These positions will require relocation to Chennai India.

Please send all correspondence to (e-mail address removed)

Work India
(e-mail address removed)
<A HREF="http://www.work-india.com/">Work India</A>

David H. Adler

PERL/PHP Web Software Architect

You have posted a job posting or a resume in a technical group.

Longstanding Usenet tradition dictates that such postings go into
groups with names that contain "jobs", like "misc.jobs.offered", not
technical discussion groups like the ones to which you posted.

Had you read and understood the Usenet user manual posted frequently to
"news.announce.newusers", you might have already known this. :) (If
n.a.n is quieter than it should be, the relevent FAQs are available at
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/news/news.announce.newusers.html)
Another good source of information on how Usenet functions is
news.newusers.questions (information from which is also available at
http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/).

Please do not explain your posting by saying "but I saw other job
postings here". Just because one person jumps off a bridge, doesn't
mean everyone does. Those postings are also in error, and I've
probably already notified them as well.

If you have questions about this policy, take it up with the news
administrators in the newsgroup news.admin.misc.

http://jobs.perl.org may be of more use to you

Yours for a better usenet,

dha