perl port to my m68k calculator

bulk88

Can someone please port perl to my 12 mhz Motorola 68000 CPU (same as
in apples) Texas Instruments 89 graphing calculator?

There is a C compiler available for the calculator. I would like to be
able to run perl on it because, the BASIC of the calculator is feature
limited, and not good at text processing, or dealing with strings. And
there are no regular expressions and all the flexibility and glue-ness
of Perl. And C isnt so good at strings either, and too much risk of
severe crashing. I've written a couple math programs in Perl, which are
more text manipulation than math, and it would be wonderful if I could
use them on my calculator.

Sherm Pendley

Can someone please port perl to my 12 mhz Motorola 68000 CPU (same as
in apples) Texas Instruments 89 graphing calculator?

I'd be happy to. What are you offering in payment?

sherm--

Sherm Pendley

Motorola 68000 CPU (same as in apples)

(Double-take)

Same as in Apples? As in, Macintoshes? Macs haven't used 68k chips for
ten years. Where have you been???

sherm--

Andrew Hamm

Can someone please port perl to my 12 mhz Motorola 68000 CPU (same as
in apples) Texas Instruments 89 graphing calculator?

There is a C compiler available for the calculator. I would like to be
able to run perl on it because, the BASIC of the calculator is feature
limited, and not good at text processing, or dealing with strings. And
there are no regular expressions and all the flexibility and glue-ness
of Perl. And C isnt so good at strings either, and too much risk of
severe crashing. I've written a couple math programs in Perl, which
are more text manipulation than math, and it would be wonderful if I
could use them on my calculator.

Holy crap. How much memory? Enough for an executable that's maybe 1.5Mb in
size, even before you start to deal with your data?

This has to be a joke, surely. If you are serious, you'd have more luck
maybe with FORTH, although that can be crap with strings. Perhaps LISP -
that's been around forever and used to fit into a tiny footprint. Both
these languages are brain-numbing to use, however (imho)

Maybe you should go looking for public source to another Tiny BASIC which
supports much better string handling and upload that.

I'd please like someone to Port Algol-68 to my Casio PB-100 pocket
calculator. It's got a full keyboard and some non-ASCII symbols!

Just for the sake of it, what are the other specs for this calculator?
Memory, disk, amount of EPROM....

bulk88

Andrew said:
Holy crap. How much memory? Enough for an executable that's maybe 1.5Mb in
size, even before you start to deal with your data?

This has to be a joke, surely. If you are serious, you'd have more luck
maybe with FORTH, although that can be crap with strings. Perhaps LISP -
that's been around forever and used to fit into a tiny footprint. Both
these languages are brain-numbing to use, however (imho)

Maybe you should go looking for public source to another Tiny BASIC which
supports much better string handling and upload that.

I'd please like someone to Port Algol-68 to my Casio PB-100 pocket
calculator. It's got a full keyboard and some non-ASCII symbols!

Just for the sake of it, what are the other specs for this calculator?
Memory, disk, amount of EPROM....

It has 256KB RAM, 188KB after OS, and 2.7MB FlashROM (effectivly hard
drive). Its a 12mhz Motorola 68000 processor, faster than the Macintosh
Classic realeased in 1993 (which has 8mhz).

Andrew Hamm

It has 256KB RAM, 188KB after OS, and 2.7MB FlashROM (effectivly hard
drive). Its a 12mhz Motorola 68000 processor, faster than the
Macintosh Classic realeased in 1993 (which has 8mhz).

OK. Well, I think nobody else is responding because they don't take it
seriously, or even think you are trolling, but I'm willing to entertain
another reply.

Given those resources, faggeddaboudit !

you'll be much better off with a free-source version of Tiny BASIC from
somewhere. I have no idea where to look, but surely some google searches
will turn up a whole rash of source code for BASIC's. Pick one that sounds
like it's got string handling that you can live with.