    Please respond to Lee Ratzan ()

    Thank you
    , Apr 13, 2007

    On Apr 13, 10:13 am, wrote:

    > We need the following output to appear across a single line
    > h3, ("Update your address"),
    > a({-href=>http://www.umdnj.edu},"click here"),

    h3 is a block formatting tag (it's intended for use in headlines).
    You should apply inline styling to your label instead of block
    styling. You can do this with <font> tags; most folks these days
    would use CSS.

    > Please respond to Lee Ratzan ()

    no.
    , Apr 13, 2007

  3. On Apr 13, 6:13 pm, wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > We need the following output to appear across a single line, not two
    > lines.

    What do you mean by "output to appear"? Do you mean when rendered via
    a graphical HTML renderer?

    > If the first line is a functional print,

    What do you mean by "a functional print".

    > how do we remove the linefeed?

    What linefeed?

    > h3, ("Update your address"),
    > a({-href=>http://www.umdnj.edu},"click here"),

    Please show us real code. This is particularly important if your
    English is limited.

    > Please respond to Lee Ratzan ()

    Post to Usenet, read on Usenet.

    BTW: I'm guessing your real problem has not the slightest thing to do
    with Perl but is actually a pure HTML problem.

    I'm gessing that you don't realise that In HTML H3 is a block-level
    element. In a CSS aware browser you can override this by giving the H3
    element a style attribute "display: inline" but I would consider this
    very ugly.
    Brian McCauley, Apr 13, 2007
  4. <> wrote:

    > Please respond to Lee Ratzan ()

    How profoundly rude of you!

    The reason this newsgroup exists is to help fellow programmers.

    They will not be helped if you hoard the answer.

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Apr 14, 2007