    "Access Denied - You are not allowed to view this page" error.

    Can anyone help?

    Thanks.

    Alan Vowles, Jun 26, 2003

  2. Alan Vowles <> wrote:

    > I have written a simple PERL script for use with my website, and
    > even through the script runs perfectly on my own computer using
    > the Apache webserving software, i am having problems making the
    > script online.
    >
    > The server i am using does support the use of PERL and i have even
    > double checked the path to PERL for the '#!' line. The server
    > simply produces an "Access Denied - You are not allowed to view
    > this page" error.
    >
    > Can anyone help?

    It's not a problem with Perl.

    You'd be more likely to get help in a group devoted to the web server
    software you're using. Try one of the comp.infosystems.www.servers.*
    groups.

    However, it wouldn't hurt to check the permissions on the script, the
    directory it's in, and how the server is configured to handle documents
    in that directory.

    David K. Wall, Jun 26, 2003