    start. My Perl skills are adequate but a little push in the right
    direction will be greatly appreciated.

    usaims

    usaims, Oct 27, 2006

  2. usaims

    Dr.Ruud Guest

    usaims schreef:

    > I'm in the process of writing a program that I can put on an apache
    > server which tells me which clusters are in or out of a load balancer.
    > I deal with 3 clusters all day long, which at all times, 2 clusters
    > are in the load balancer. I would like my boss to go to a web page
    > and see green for two clusters and a red for the one that is out. But
    > I would like to put this in a timetable graph so that they can see
    > which clusters were in at a certain time. Can somebody give some
    > 'keywords' to look for in google because I really don't have a clue
    > on where to start. My Perl skills are adequate but a little push in
    > the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

    It's easy to create HTML that shows what you describe. For example with
    tables inside tables, and a colored bar per invisible cell, created by
    scaling up a single green or red pixel. Please consult an HTML group. Or
    look into RRD or RRDtool, see also CPAN.

    --
    Affijn, Ruud

    "Gewoon is een tijger."

    Dr.Ruud, Oct 27, 2006

  3. usaims wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > I'm in the process of writing a program that I can put on an apache
    > server which tells me which clusters are in or out of a load balancer.
    > I deal with 3 clusters all day long, which at all times, 2 clusters are
    > in the load balancer. I would like my boss to go to a web page and see
    > green for two clusters and a red for the one that is out. But I would
    > like to put this in a timetable graph so that they can see which
    > clusters were in at a certain time. Can somebody give some 'keywords'
    > to look for in google because I really don't have a clue on where to
    > start. My Perl skills are adequate but a little push in the right
    > direction will be greatly appreciated.

    I'd look at nagios.

    Mark

    Mark Clements, Oct 28, 2006
  4. usaims

    Ian Wilson Guest

    usaims wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > I'm in the process of writing a program that I can put on an apache
    > server which tells me which clusters are in or out of a load balancer.
    > I deal with 3 clusters all day long, which at all times, 2 clusters are
    > in the load balancer. I would like my boss to go to a web page and see
    > green for two clusters and a red for the one that is out. But I would
    > like to put this in a timetable graph so that they can see which
    > clusters were in at a certain time. Can somebody give some 'keywords'
    > to look for in google because I really don't have a clue on where to
    > start. My Perl skills are adequate but a little push in the right
    > direction will be greatly appreciated.

    I'd use MRTG (or RRDTool).

    Ian Wilson, Oct 30, 2006