    return the current path (similar to 'pwd' in UNIX) so I can use full
    path info. in filenames etc. Please advise...thanks in advance!
    , Sep 5, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I am a novice with PERL and am writing a script that will be used on
    > both UNIX and Windows platforms. I need a PERL function that will
    > return the current path (similar to 'pwd' in UNIX) so I can use full
    > path info. in filenames etc. Please advise...thanks in advance!

    See "perldoc Cwd"

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Sep 5, 2006

    Perfect...thanks!

    Jürgen Exner wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I am a novice with PERL and am writing a script that will be used on
    > > both UNIX and Windows platforms. I need a PERL function that will
    > > return the current path (similar to 'pwd' in UNIX) so I can use full
    > > path info. in filenames etc. Please advise...thanks in advance!

    > See "perldoc Cwd"
    >
    > jue
    , Sep 5, 2006
  4. John Bokma Guest

    wrote:

    > Perfect...thanks!

    Write replies, even if they are short, *under* the part you're replying
    to, and remove all lines that are no longer needed to provide a context to
    understand your reply [1].

    Furthermore: perl is the program that reads, compiles, and executes your
    program written in Perl.

    PERL is something different [2]

    [1] <http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2006/04/11/how-to-reply.html>

    [2]