perl + python tutorial available for download

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Xah, Jun 30, 2008.

  1. Xah

    Xah Guest

    Xah, Jun 30, 2008

  2. Xah <> wrote:
    >my perl and python tutorial
    >
    >http://xahlee.org/perl-python/index.html
    >
    >is now available for download for offline reading.

    Why anyone would have the idea to mix two different langauges in one
    tutorial is beyond me.

    And calling that web page a tutorial is a large stretch of imagination.
    It is a random collection of primitve code samples, organized roughly by
    area. No learning goals, no explanation of concepts, ...

    Apparently you changed your ID to escape all the filters you have been a
    permanent guest to. This 'tutorial' confirms that this is the best place
    for you. So back you go again.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Jun 30, 2008

  3. Xah

    Ben Bullock Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:44:13 +0000, Jürgen Exner wrote:

    > Xah <> wrote:
    >>my perl and python tutorial
    >>
    >>http://xahlee.org/perl-python/index.html
    >>
    >>is now available for download for offline reading.

    > Why anyone would have the idea to mix two different langauges in one
    > tutorial is beyond me.

    It's an interesting idea to present two or more languages in parallel -
    it would assist someone going "sideways" from one language to another.

    > And calling that web page a tutorial is a large stretch of imagination.
    > It is a random collection of primitve code samples, organized roughly by
    > area. No learning goals, no explanation of concepts, ...

    I'm a big fan of code samples - most of my code starts as other people's
    code samples.

    > Apparently you changed your ID to escape all the filters you have been a
    > permanent guest to. This 'tutorial' confirms that this is the best place
    > for you. So back you go again.

    I'm not interested in Xah Lee's tutorials enough to check whether they're
    any good or not, but he does have some interesting things to say about
    Emacs.

    Ben Bullock, Jul 1, 2008