    $smtp = Net::SMTP->new($smtp_server);
    Problem is that my server requires authentication to send messages. How do I
    add my account name and password to this so that messages can be sent?

    Sherwin Flight, Jul 15, 2004

  2. Sherwin Flight wrote:

    > $smtp = Net::SMTP->new($smtp_server);
    > Problem is that my server requires authentication to send messages. How do
    > I add my account name and password to this so that messages can be sent?

    My first guess would be to try using the method described in the docs for
    the module you're using:

    $smtp->auth($username, $password);

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Jul 15, 2004

  3. "Sherwin Flight" <> writes:

    > Subject: Re: Perl Question

    Please put the subject of your post in the Subject of your post. If
    in doubt try this simple test. Imagine you could have been bothered
    to have done a search before you posted. Next imagine you found a
    thread with your subject line. Would you have been able to recognise
    it as the same subject?

    If your subject truely refects your level of understanding of your
    problem then it is unlikely that you have thought about your problem
    anywhere near enough to consider asking anyone else for help.

    > I have a perl script that has this in it:
    > $smtp = Net::SMTP->new($smtp_server);
    > Problem is that my server requires authentication to send messages. How do I
    > add my account name and password to this so that messages can be sent?

    Have you tried looking in the Net::SMTP documentation?

    --
    \\ ( )

    Brian McCauley, Jul 15, 2004
  4. Thanks, it's working now