Perl running on Windows and Berkeley DB

Researcher

I did everything I could to install Berkeley DB for perl running on a
windows system, I tryed unsuccessfully getting online help or reading
the README file but I only found help on installing it on a UNIX
machine. Can anybody help me?

Regards.

Pablo Borges

Bob Walton

Researcher said:
I did everything I could to install Berkeley DB for perl running on a
windows system, I tryed unsuccessfully getting online help or reading
the README file but I only found help on installing it on a UNIX
machine. Can anybody help me? ....

Pablo Borges

Hmmmm...If you have installed a recent version of ActiveState Perl on
your Windoze machine, the Berkeley Database package (DB_File) should
already be installed, and, in fact, be the default for dbmopen(). You
shouldn't have to do anything but use it.

Malcolm Dew-Jones

Bob Walton ([email protected]) wrote:
: Researcher wrote:

: > I did everything I could to install Berkeley DB for perl running on a
: > windows system, I tryed unsuccessfully getting online help or reading
: > the README file but I only found help on installing it on a UNIX
: > machine. Can anybody help me?

: Hmmmm...If you have installed a recent version of ActiveState Perl on
: your Windoze machine, the Berkeley Database package (DB_File) should
: already be installed, and, in fact, be the default for dbmopen(). You
: shouldn't have to do anything but use it.

BerkeleyDB is not the same as DB_File. DB_File is an old interface that
provides access to just certain functions available in the database
software, and works with various databases (I think). Berkeley DB is
specific to berkelely, and accesses "all" the functionality of what ever
version of berkeley db is installed.