    I've tried downgrading to 5.8.7 with no success. (This version
    runs scripts as a service on other machines).

    Has anyone seen a similar problem, and what was the solution?

    Jeffery Jones, Apr 14, 2006

  2. "Jeffery Jones" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have set up Perl scripts to run as a service on about 5 other
    > machines using SRVANY.exe, etc. They have all worked fine in the
    > past. On a new machine, Windows 2000, SP4, with the latest Perl
    > version 5.8.8.817, the script apparently never executes. Substituting
    > a simple script also doesn't execute because nothing is written to the
    > test file.
    >
    > - Other executables (such as cmd.exe) run fine as the service, but
    > they cannot start Perl and the script.
    > - Substituting wperl.exe also doesn't help.
    >
    > There are no errors shown from the service manager or in the event
    > logs when the service is started.
    >
    > I've tried running the service under the SYSTEM account.
    >
    > I've tried downgrading to 5.8.7 with no success. (This version
    > runs scripts as a service on other machines).
    >
    > Has anyone seen a similar problem, and what was the solution?

    Jeffery,

    Have included the path to the Perl bin folder in the PATH environment
    variable? eg . ...;c:\perl\bin

    Kevin Sproule

    Kevin Sproule, Apr 15, 2006

  3. Jeffery Jones

    robic0 Guest

    On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:41:37 -0700, "Kevin Sproule" <> wrote:

    >"Jeffery Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> I have set up Perl scripts to run as a service on about 5 other
    >> machines using SRVANY.exe, etc. They have all worked fine in the
    >> past. On a new machine, Windows 2000, SP4, with the latest Perl
    >> version 5.8.8.817, the script apparently never executes. Substituting
    >> a simple script also doesn't execute because nothing is written to the
    >> test file.
    >>
    >> - Other executables (such as cmd.exe) run fine as the service, but
    >> they cannot start Perl and the script.
    >> - Substituting wperl.exe also doesn't help.
    >>
    >> There are no errors shown from the service manager or in the event
    >> logs when the service is started.
    >>
    >> I've tried running the service under the SYSTEM account.
    >>
    >> I've tried downgrading to 5.8.7 with no success. (This version
    >> runs scripts as a service on other machines).
    >>
    >> Has anyone seen a similar problem, and what was the solution?
    >>

    >Jeffery,
    >
    >Have included the path to the Perl bin folder in the PATH environment
    >variable? eg . ...;c:\perl\bin
    >
    >Kevin Sproule

    hahahahahahaaaa, now why would he need that ???????????
    jeeezz, kill me now ..............

    robic0, Apr 15, 2006
  4. On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:41:37 -0700, "Kevin Sproule"
    <> wrote:

    >Have included the path to the Perl bin folder in the PATH environment
    >variable? eg . ...;c:\perl\bin

    I've checked and the global environment path variable includes the
    Perl bin folder.

    Jeffery Jones, Apr 15, 2006