perl script problem, windows task manager process name

Ash

Hi, I am having this really wierd error. its a long story to tell but
Ill try and make it short...
okay so here goes. I have two copies of java.exe. a.exe and b.exe. and
from a perl script, using a system($cmd) i run a java class
Example.java. I execute this Example class simultaneously with a.exe
and b.exe. $cmd has basically the java command[a Example].

So now there are two java processes running and two perl processes
running. but for some reason both processes are called a.exe instead
of a.exe and b.exe.
can anyone help me with that? Also it kind of gets stuck at the a.exe
until i go in manually and delete a.exe and copy and paste java.exe
and rename it.

any help will be much much appreciated!
thanks,
Suzan