    4)./install.bin #install all

    What should I do on stage 3???

    , Oct 12, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Hello all!
    >
    > I write simple installer for my project.
    > 1) I make distr.tgz tarball with bin's and cfg's
    > 2) I write install.pl script
    >
    > But I want to implement "bin"-installer, e.g.
    > 1)cat install.pl > install.bin
    > 2)cat distr.tgz >> install.bin
    > 3) ???
    > 4)./install.bin #install all
    >
    > What should I do on stage 3???

    You could put the stuff to install into a __DATA__ section and read it
    via the DATA filehandle. Then stage3 would do nothing, but the last line
    of your install.pl should read "__DATA__"

    Josef
    --
    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)
    -- T. Pratchett

    Josef Moellers, Oct 12, 2005

  3. John Bokma Guest

    wrote:

    > Hello all!
    >
    > I write simple installer for my project.
    > 1) I make distr.tgz tarball with bin's and cfg's
    > 2) I write install.pl script
    >
    > But I want to implement "bin"-installer, e.g.
    > 1)cat install.pl > install.bin
    > 2)cat distr.tgz >> install.bin
    > 3) ???
    > 4)./install.bin #install all
    >
    > What should I do on stage 3???

    Have a look at PAR which is similar to JAR.

    I ploink googlegroups.com :)

    John Bokma, Oct 12, 2005