perl script to move email

Jim

Hi all,

I have written a perl script to read emails in my Outlook inbox and
then parse the emails based on part of the Subject line. What I need
to add is moving the emails to one of my Personal Folders after I am
finished with it, so that multiple days worth of data are not scanned.
This is so that when/if I go on vacation I don't have to worry about
putting the program on somebody elses PC. Anybody have any thoughts
here?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Ben Morrow

Quoth (e-mail address removed) (Jim):
I have written a perl script to read emails in my Outlook inbox and
then parse the emails based on part of the Subject line. What I need
to add is moving the emails to one of my Personal Folders after I am
finished with it, so that multiple days worth of data are not scanned.
This is so that when/if I go on vacation I don't have to worry about
putting the program on somebody elses PC. Anybody have any thoughts
here?

How are you accessing the inbox? Win32::OLE? Reading the file directly?
I would have thought you could move mail between folders in the same way.

Ben

Jim

Ben Morrow said:
Quoth (e-mail address removed) (Jim):

How are you accessing the inbox? Win32::OLE? Reading the file directly?
I would have thought you could move mail between folders in the same way.

Ben

I am using Win32::OLE. And thanks to another reader I was able to
learn the command to use and the way of defining a folder. Command is
$item->Move(folder) where item is the email message. Also since I am
using MAPI the folder is defined like this "::personal
Folders::folder"

Jim

Jim