    here?

    Thanks in advance,
    Jim

    Jim, May 21, 2004

  2. Jim

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth (Jim):
    > I have written a perl script to read emails in my Outlook inbox and
    > then parse the emails based on part of the Subject line. What I need
    > to add is moving the emails to one of my Personal Folders after I am
    > finished with it, so that multiple days worth of data are not scanned.
    > This is so that when/if I go on vacation I don't have to worry about
    > putting the program on somebody elses PC. Anybody have any thoughts
    > here?

    How are you accessing the inbox? Win32::OLE? Reading the file directly?
    I would have thought you could move mail between folders in the same way.

    Ben

    --
    Every twenty-four hours about 34k children die from the effects of poverty.
    Meanwhile, the latest estimate is that 2800 people died on 9/11, so it's like

    Ben Morrow, May 21, 2004

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Ben Morrow <> wrote in message news:<c8ljh8$ffd$>...
    > Quoth (Jim):
    > > I have written a perl script to read emails in my Outlook inbox and
    > > then parse the emails based on part of the Subject line. What I need
    > > to add is moving the emails to one of my Personal Folders after I am
    > > finished with it, so that multiple days worth of data are not scanned.
    > > This is so that when/if I go on vacation I don't have to worry about
    > > putting the program on somebody elses PC. Anybody have any thoughts
    > > here?

    > How are you accessing the inbox? Win32::OLE? Reading the file directly?
    > I would have thought you could move mail between folders in the same way.
    >
    > Ben

    I am using Win32::OLE. And thanks to another reader I was able to
    learn the command to use and the way of defining a folder. Command is
    $item->Move(folder) where item is the email message. Also since I am
    using MAPI the folder is defined like this "::personal
    Folders::folder"

    Jim

    Jim

    Jim, May 23, 2004