perl script with parameters (using xml)

lievemario

hello,
I 'm trying to write a perl script wich is adjustable via parameters that
gets some specific information out of a database and that makes a xml file
of that information.
Can someone help me, give me an example or so of such a perl script.
Thank you.

Paul Lalli

lievemario said:
hello,
I 'm trying to write a perl script wich is adjustable via parameters that
gets some specific information out of a database and that makes a xml file
of that information.
Can someone help me, give me an example or so of such a perl script.

Your problem description is remarkably vague. What exactly do you need
help with? What have you tried so far?

Help with command line parameters?
perldoc perlvar (search for @ARGV)

Help with database access?
perldoc DBI

Help with creating a file and printing text to it?
perldoc -f open
perldoc -f print

Help with XML usage?
http://search.cpan.org (search for XML)

Paul Lalli

A. Sinan Unur

hello,
I 'm trying to write a perl script wich is adjustable via parameters
that gets some specific information out of a database and that makes a
xml file of that information.
Can someone help me, give me an example or so of such a perl script.

See http://search.cpan.org/~rustyp/Config-Magic-0.75/lib/Config/Magic.pm

You might want to browse/search CPAN before posting here. Once you attempt
to put together a script, feel free to post specific questions here. Before
doing so, however, you should read the posting guidelines posted here
frequently.