    of that information.
    Can someone help me, give me an example or so of such a perl script.
    Thank you.
    lievemario, Nov 8, 2004

  2. lievemario

    Paul Lalli Guest

    "lievemario" <> wrote in message
    news:cmojos$rce$...
    > hello,
    > I 'm trying to write a perl script wich is adjustable via parameters

    that
    > gets some specific information out of a database and that makes a xml

    file
    > of that information.
    > Can someone help me, give me an example or so of such a perl script.

    Your problem description is remarkably vague. What exactly do you need
    help with? What have you tried so far?

    Help with command line parameters?
    perldoc perlvar (search for @ARGV)

    Help with database access?
    perldoc DBI

    Help with creating a file and printing text to it?
    perldoc -f open
    perldoc -f print

    Help with XML usage?
    http://search.cpan.org (search for XML)

    Paul Lalli
    Paul Lalli, Nov 8, 2004

  3. "lievemario" <> wrote in

    > hello,
    > I 'm trying to write a perl script wich is adjustable via parameters
    > that gets some specific information out of a database and that makes a
    > xml file of that information.
    > Can someone help me, give me an example or so of such a perl script.

    See http://search.cpan.org/~rustyp/Config-Magic-0.75/lib/Config/Magic.pm

    You might want to browse/search CPAN before posting here. Once you attempt
    to put together a script, feel free to post specific questions here. Before
    doing so, however, you should read the posting guidelines posted here
    frequently.

    --
    A. Sinan Unur
    A. Sinan Unur, Nov 8, 2004