    Cheers,
    Adam.
    , Sep 18, 2005

  2. Chris Smith Guest

    <> wrote:
    > I have a perl script which parses through a local log file, and prints
    > some output to stdout. i would like to be able to view the output of
    > this file from the web, typically through JSP, which i have some
    > moderate programming experience. Is this possible? To do local
    > execution calls through a JSP? or am i going to have to recode the Perl
    > scrip in the jsp. and if the later is the case, how would i open a
    > local file for reading? thanks.

    Depends on the JSP environment. If you're deploying to a simple Tomcat
    install, then the answer is probably yes. However, it is quite possible
    (and sometimes considered good practice in larger enterprise
    environments) to install a SecurityManager to prevent web applications
    from performing unauthorized actions. So it depends on the
    configuration.

    As for how to do it... the best way would be to write the code in Java,
    and map it to a JSP custom tag with a TLD file. This is a little too
    exotic for a scriptlet, even by liberal standards.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation
    Chris Smith, Sep 18, 2005