    occurence in the same article) did something else."

    Hope that gives you an idea of what I'm trying to do. Any help would
    appreciate :)
    Michael, Aug 24, 2004

  2. Michael

    krakle Guest

    (Michael) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Anyone know of a script, where whenever a page is published, its
    > scanned and if a keyword I define in another area is spotted it
    > automatically goes into a link? Then any other currences of it
    > afterswards in the same article its regular text?

    I don't think you will find a script already written to do such an unique task.

    > If that didn't make sense, let me show an example.
    >
    > "Johnny (<-- that would be a link since I predefined it, in a script
    > or what not, upon clicking it would go to his profile) did something
    > good. Johnny Estrada (<-- this would be plain text since its the 2nd
    > occurence in the same article) did something else."
    >
    > Hope that gives you an idea of what I'm trying to do. Any help would
    > appreciate :)

    Oh yea... It's very clear now...
    krakle, Aug 24, 2004

  3. Michael wrote:
    > Anyone know of a script, where whenever a page is published, its
    > scanned and if a keyword I define in another area is spotted it
    > automatically goes into a link? Then any other currences of it
    > afterswards in the same article its regular text?
    >
    > If that didn't make sense, let me show an example.
    >
    > "Johnny (<-- that would be a link since I predefined it, in a
    > script or what not, upon clicking it would go to his profile) did
    > something good. Johnny Estrada (<-- this would be plain text since
    > its the 2nd occurence in the same article) did something else."
    >
    > Hope that gives you an idea of what I'm trying to do.

    I have seen that functionality in the content management system
    PostNuke (the "Autolinks" module). The substitution takes place
    dynamically as a part of the page generating.

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Aug 24, 2004