Perl Search & Replace Script For Website

Michael

Anyone know of a script, where whenever a page is published, its
scanned and if a keyword I define in another area is spotted it
automatically goes into a link? Then any other currences of it
afterswards in the same article its regular text?

If that didn't make sense, let me show an example.

"Johnny (<-- that would be a link since I predefined it, in a script
or what not, upon clicking it would go to his profile) did something
good. Johnny Estrada (<-- this would be plain text since its the 2nd
occurence in the same article) did something else."

Hope that gives you an idea of what I'm trying to do. Any help would
appreciate :)

krakle

Anyone know of a script, where whenever a page is published, its
scanned and if a keyword I define in another area is spotted it
automatically goes into a link? Then any other currences of it
afterswards in the same article its regular text?

I don't think you will find a script already written to do such an unique task.
If that didn't make sense, let me show an example.

"Johnny (<-- that would be a link since I predefined it, in a script
or what not, upon clicking it would go to his profile) did something
good. Johnny Estrada (<-- this would be plain text since its the 2nd
occurence in the same article) did something else."

Hope that gives you an idea of what I'm trying to do. Any help would
appreciate :)

Oh yea... It's very clear now...

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Michael said:
Anyone know of a script, where whenever a page is published, its
scanned and if a keyword I define in another area is spotted it
automatically goes into a link? Then any other currences of it
afterswards in the same article its regular text?

If that didn't make sense, let me show an example.

"Johnny (<-- that would be a link since I predefined it, in a
script or what not, upon clicking it would go to his profile) did
something good. Johnny Estrada (<-- this would be plain text since
its the 2nd occurence in the same article) did something else."

Hope that gives you an idea of what I'm trying to do.

I have seen that functionality in the content management system
PostNuke (the "Autolinks" module). The substitution takes place
dynamically as a part of the page generating.