Perl SNMP Agent - Receive Requests.

jdenevan

Hello,
I'm writing a Perl daemon that does several things:

1) Receives Traps from machines, decodes them, and does something with
them depending on the trap.
2) Also depending on the trap received, I generate a new trap that I
pass on to a higher level management system.
3) Listen for and responsd to SNMP requests from the management system
in #2.

I've completed numbers 1 and 2 rather easily with SNMP_util and
SNMP_Session, but #3 is giving me problems. My question is:

1) How do I respond to snmp requests from the management system? When
the management system executes an snmpGet, how do I receive that
request and respond to it?Is that accomplished by simply having my
daemon continually listen on port 161 or 162?

I hope I'm not sounding stupid here, that I'm not missing some major
piece of how SNMP/Perl work together.

Thanks for any help.

Jim