Perl syntax

Anders Christensen

Hey,
Could anyone help me understanding the following code-example. The
code-example is taken out of a context, so it won't give any functionality
as you see it - what I'd like help on is what $:: and %:: means...? Which
scalar and hash is in question?

The codeexample:
#[Bla,bla,bla...]
sub ProcessFormFields {
my ($buffer) = (@_);
return ParseUrlString($buffer, %::FORM, %::MFORM);
}
#[Bla,bla,bla...]
if ( defined $::FORM{$fieldname} ) {
$::FORM{$fieldname} .= $fieldvalue;
#[Bla,bla,bla...]
}

../Anders

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

[ DO NOT MULTI-POST!!

I just answered your question in alt.perl, since I didn't know that
you had posted in comp.lang.perl.misc as well and that Bernard already
had answered.

That's rude! Behave yourself!! ]

Anders Christensen

Hi Gunnar,
I'm sorry about that! :-/
Thank you very much for your answer.
../Anders

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Anders said:
Hi Gunnar,
I'm sorry about that! :-/
Thank you very much for your answer.

Okay...

That's a netiquette thing. Now you know when you post to Usenet next
time. ;-)

Anders Christensen