    or will we ever move forward towards real problem solving?

    sln
    , Dec 15, 2008

  2. Tim Greer Guest

    wrote:

    > Why isin't Perl platform independent?

    Perl has to be compiled for that platform and support many things to do
    that. Also, not all platforms support the same things. Why is it a
    problem in your mind for Perl to work on so many platforms without all
    of the hassles? Sounds like a good thing to me. What's your point
    here? No one's forcing you to use Perl, and not everyone does.
    Tim Greer, Dec 15, 2008

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:28:34 -0800, Tim Greer <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> Why isin't Perl platform independent?

    >Perl has to be compiled for that platform and support many things to do
    >that. Also, not all platforms support the same things. Why is it a
    >problem in your mind for Perl to work on so many platforms without all
    >of the hassles? Sounds like a good thing to me. What's your point
    >here? No one's forcing you to use Perl, and not everyone does.

    I'm thinking verbal commands like "Make the best case out of this..
    Grab all the files I think I need and check if there is a black hole
    is in there somewhere", "Also, get my laundry and send it to the cleaners",
    "And while your at it find out what I did wrong on that nuclear fushion
    metrics you got me yesterday".

    Wrap it all up in a subroutine called Today, store it somewhere, then take
    the rest of the day off..

    sln
    , Dec 15, 2008