    Can anyone tell me how to write Perl script connect to MySQL database?

    Thanks
    Sam

    sam, Dec 9, 2004

  2. sam

    sam Guest

    sam wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to write Perl script connect to MySQL database?

    I noticed that webmin doesn't use DBD/DBI module manage mysql databases.
    Which method is better, use the native perl code or DBD/DBI modules?

    Sam.

    sam, Dec 9, 2004

  3. sam wrote:

    > sam wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me how to write Perl script connect to MySQL database?
    >>

    > I noticed that webmin doesn't use DBD/DBI module manage mysql databases.
    > Which method is better, use the native perl code or DBD/DBI modules?
    >
    > Sam.
    >
    >> Thanks
    >> Sam

    Webmin has its own web server, and only assumes a minimal Perl 5
    installation.

    Use the mysql DBI for general Perl/mysql programming.

    gtoomey

    Gregory Toomey, Dec 9, 2004
  4. sam wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me how to write Perl script connect to MySQL database?

    How on earth did you manage to miss the dozens of books, web sites,
    articles and other stuff that's been written on the subject?

    Go to <http://dbi.perl.org>. Read stuff.

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Dec 9, 2004
  5. Sherm Pendley, Dec 9, 2004
  6. sam

    AD Guest

    What do you mean by "use the native perl code"?

    DBD/DBI is the most common and also a portable way of handling
    databases.

    AD, Dec 9, 2004