Perl to MySQL?

sam

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to write Perl script connect to MySQL database?

Thanks
Sam

sam

sam said:
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to write Perl script connect to MySQL database?
I noticed that webmin doesn't use DBD/DBI module manage mysql databases.
Which method is better, use the native perl code or DBD/DBI modules?

Sam.

Gregory Toomey

sam said:
I noticed that webmin doesn't use DBD/DBI module manage mysql databases.
Which method is better, use the native perl code or DBD/DBI modules?

Sam.

Webmin has its own web server, and only assumes a minimal Perl 5
installation.

Use the mysql DBI for general Perl/mysql programming.

gtoomey

Sherm Pendley

sam said:
Can anyone tell me how to write Perl script connect to MySQL database?

How on earth did you manage to miss the dozens of books, web sites,
articles and other stuff that's been written on the subject?

Go to <http://dbi.perl.org>. Read stuff.

sherm--

Sherm Pendley

sam said:
Which method is better, use the native perl code or DBD/DBI modules?

The one that *doesn't* involve reinventing the wheel, duh.

sherm--

AD

What do you mean by "use the native perl code"?

DBD/DBI is the most common and also a portable way of handling
databases.