Perl Tutorial With Exercises

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by prateek.ja, May 12, 2007.

  1. prateek.ja

    prateek.ja Guest

    Hi,

    Can anybody suggest a good online perl tutorial which also has
    exercises which could be worked upon.
    I would be really grateful to anyone providing the same. I'm a newbie
    to perl but have idea about computer languages. So a intermediate
    level tutorial would do.
     
    prateek.ja, May 12, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. On 12 May 2007 09:45:09 -0700, "prateek.ja" <>
    wrote:

    >Can anybody suggest a good online perl tutorial which also has
    >exercises which could be worked upon.


    I don't know if any of the tutorials at PerlMonks have exercises. But
    you may want to look there anyway:

    http://perlmonks.org/?node=Tutorials


    Michele
    --
    {$_=pack'B8'x25,unpack'A8'x32,$a^=sub{pop^pop}->(map substr
    (($a||=join'',map--$|x$_,(unpack'w',unpack'u','G^<R<Y]*YB='
    ..'KYU;*EVH[.FHF2W+#"\Z*5TI/ER<Z`S(G.DZZ9OX0Z')=~/./g)x2,$_,
    256),7,249);s/[^\w,]/ /g;$ \=/^J/?$/:"\r";print,redo}#JAPH,
     
    Michele Dondi, May 12, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. prateek.ja

    Paul Lalli Guest

    On May 12, 12:45 pm, "prateek.ja" <> wrote:
    > Can anybody suggest a good online perl tutorial which also has
    > exercises which could be worked upon.
    > I would be really grateful to anyone providing the same. I'm a newbie
    > to perl but have idea about computer languages. So a intermediate
    > level tutorial would do.


    Beginning Perl, by Simon Cozens, is a free online ebook, available at
    http://www.perl.org/books/beginning-perl/

    I also recommend the non-free, paper book called Learning Perl, by
    Randal Schwartz.

    Both contain sample exercises to work on at the end of each chapter.

    Paul Lalli
     
    Paul Lalli, May 13, 2007
    #3
  4. prateek.ja

    numberwhun Guest

    Paul Lalli wrote:
    >
    > I also recommend the non-free, paper book called Learning Perl, by
    > Randal Schwartz.
    >
    > Both contain sample exercises to work on at the end of each chapter.
    >
    > Paul Lalli
    >


    In addition, I not only recommend Learning Perl, but I recently
    discovered that Brian D Foy produced a student workbook that was put out
    by O'Reilly that has a bunch of extra exercises geared to each chapter
    of the book. Lots of good practice if you want it.

    For your reference, the ISBN is #9780596009960

    Regards,

    Jeff
     
    numberwhun, May 13, 2007
    #4
  5. prateek.ja

    Dr.Ruud Guest

    Dr.Ruud, May 13, 2007
    #5
  6. prateek.ja

    brian d foy Guest

    In article <>, numberwhun <> wrote:

    > In addition, I not only recommend Learning Perl, but I recently
    > discovered that Brian D Foy produced a student workbook that was put out
    > by O'Reilly that has a bunch of extra exercises geared to each chapter
    > of the book. Lots of good practice if you want it.
    >
    > For your reference, the ISBN is #9780596009960



    This is available on Amazon, but I also have a big box of them in my
    office which I'm selling at cost.

    http://www.theperlreview.com/learning_perl_study_guide/

    I also sell them through Amazon (check the New & Used Marketplace
    stuff), but that's a bit more expensive because of the Amazon fees.

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
     
    brian d foy, May 13, 2007
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. feivue

    Some Exercises

    feivue, Oct 11, 2003, in forum: C++
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    560
    osmium
    Oct 13, 2003
  2. Wous Mant

    C++ Exercises

    Wous Mant, May 7, 2004, in forum: C++
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    42,901
  3. feivue

    Some Exercises

    feivue, Oct 11, 2003, in forum: C Programming
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    575
    Chris Dollin
    Oct 13, 2003
  4. Siki

    Programming Ideas/Exercises for Newbie

    Siki, May 22, 2004, in forum: C Programming
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    443
    Allin Cottrell
    May 22, 2004
  5. Gordon

    Python exercises

    Gordon, Sep 17, 2003, in forum: Python
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    647
    Gordon
    Sep 18, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page