Perl Tutorial With Exercises

prateek.ja

Hi,

Can anybody suggest a good online perl tutorial which also has
exercises which could be worked upon.
I would be really grateful to anyone providing the same. I'm a newbie
to perl but have idea about computer languages. So a intermediate
level tutorial would do.

Paul Lalli

Can anybody suggest a good online perl tutorial which also has
exercises which could be worked upon.
I would be really grateful to anyone providing the same. I'm a newbie
to perl but have idea about computer languages. So a intermediate
level tutorial would do.

Beginning Perl, by Simon Cozens, is a free online ebook, available at
http://www.perl.org/books/beginning-perl/

I also recommend the non-free, paper book called Learning Perl, by
Randal Schwartz.

Both contain sample exercises to work on at the end of each chapter.

Paul Lalli

numberwhun

Paul said:
I also recommend the non-free, paper book called Learning Perl, by
Randal Schwartz.

Both contain sample exercises to work on at the end of each chapter.

Paul Lalli

In addition, I not only recommend Learning Perl, but I recently
discovered that Brian D Foy produced a student workbook that was put out
by O'Reilly that has a bunch of extra exercises geared to each chapter
of the book. Lots of good practice if you want it.

For your reference, the ISBN is #9780596009960

Regards,

Jeff

brian d foy

In addition, I not only recommend Learning Perl, but I recently
discovered that Brian D Foy produced a student workbook that was put out
by O'Reilly that has a bunch of extra exercises geared to each chapter
of the book. Lots of good practice if you want it.

For your reference, the ISBN is #9780596009960

This is available on Amazon, but I also have a big box of them in my
office which I'm selling at cost.

http://www.theperlreview.com/learning_perl_study_guide/

I also sell them through Amazon (check the New & Used Marketplace
stuff), but that's a bit more expensive because of the Amazon fees.