    be used
    to get filesystem information in a standard way across UNIX & Linux
    platforms?

    neilsolent, Apr 3, 2009

  2. Tad J McClellan, Apr 3, 2009

  3. neilsolent

    Uri Guttman Guest

    >>>>> "TJM" == Tad J McClellan <> writes:

    TJM> http://use.perl.org/~cwest/journal/20025
    TJM> http://search.cpan.org/dist/ppt/
    TJM> http://ppt.sourceforge.net/
    TJM> http://freshmeat.net/projects/ppt

    and the OP didn't search cpan which has modules for most/all of those
    common unix utilities. these showed up when i searched for df:

    Filesys::Df
    Filesys::DiskSpace
    Filesys::DiskFree

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Apr 3, 2009
  4. neilsolent

    neilsolent Guest

    Thanks for the replies.
    I did check CPAN actually, but I wasn't directly searching for df at
    the time - that was just one example.
    I was hoping to stumble across a whole library of tools - looks like
    ppt is the most likely answer.

    neilsolent, Apr 3, 2009