perl upgrade - make test error "Can't locate Config_heavy.pl"

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Lee Stone, Sep 11, 2008.

  1. Lee Stone

    Lee Stone Guest

    Hello

    Although I have seen a couple of other people with similar errors, I cannot
    find any solutions. I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

    I am trying to upgrade from Perl 5.6.1 to Perl 5.8.8 on an older Suse Linux
    2.4.18 i686 box.

    Make completed OK but Make Test is showing the following error:

    "
    t/op/filetest.............................Can't locate Config_heavy.pl in
    @INC (@INC contains: ../lib) at ../lib/Config.pm line 66.
    # Looks like you planned 10 tests but ran 5.
    FAILED--expected 10 tests, saw 5
    "

    Config_heavy.pl exists within /lib and appears to be intact. I have checked
    and rechecked my configuration and all appears to be correct. I have run
    Make Clean and re-run from scratch. I do not understand why Config_heavy.pl
    is not found during Make Test.

    Unfortunately I am not experienced enough to know if this is important to
    fix or whether I should just go ahead and force the install.

    Any guidance much appreciated.

    Thanks

    Lee
    Lee Stone, Sep 11, 2008

  2. Lee Stone

    sisyphus Guest

    On Sep 11, 9:47 am, "Lee Stone" <> wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > Although I have seen a couple of other people with similar errors, I cannot
    > find any solutions.

    Looks like some sort of bug in the test suite.

    See http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2008/04/msg135950.html
    .. Assuming that fix results in all t/op/filetest.t tests passing, then
    you've got nothing to worry about.

    Mind you, having read that post, I still don't see why it should be
    necessary to go to that trouble to get filetest.t to run properly.
    Afaict, things should work perfectly well the way they are ... but
    they obviously don't. (I don't have access to a machine that can
    reproduce your problem.)

    Cheers,
    Rob
    sisyphus, Sep 11, 2008

  3. Lee Stone

    Lee Stone Guest

    "sisyphus" <> wrote in message
    >On Sep 11, 9:47 am, "Lee Stone" <> wrote:
    >> Hello
    >>
    > >Although I have seen a couple of other people with similar errors, I
    > >cannot
    > >find any solutions.

    >Looks like some sort of bug in the test suite.
    >
    >See
    >http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2008/04/msg135950.html
    >. Assuming that fix results in all t/op/filetest.t tests passing, then
    >you've got nothing to worry about.
    >
    >Mind you, having read that post, I still don't see why it should be
    >necessary to go to that trouble to get filetest.t to run properly.
    >Afaict, things should work perfectly well the way they are ... but
    >they obviously don't. (I don't have access to a machine that can
    >reproduce your problem.)

    Have re-read the post to which you refer. First time round got a bit lost -
    I thought this was a hack to get round the error as opposed to a fix (if you
    see what I mean)

    Many thanks. I appreciate the help.

    Lee Stone, Sep 11, 2008