Perl versions in the wild (was: When is @_ undefined?)

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Peter J. Holzer, Jan 21, 2012.

  1. On 2012-01-20 19:01, Shmuel Metz <> wrote:
    > Well, while I'm currently using 5.10.0, there are people stuck with
    > 5.8[1].

    [...]
    > [1] Stuck with ear;ier versions? I'm not sure that I'm strong
    > enough for the answer.

    A little statistic from some servers I administrate:

    count version
    ----- -------
    2 5.00503
    4 5.8.0
    4 5.8.5
    11 5.8.8
    6 5.10.0
    6 5.10.1
    1 5.12.3

    But I admit that this is somewhat misleading: I am not stuck with those
    versions, I can install a newer version on any of those machines if I
    need to, and some of those machines do have a newer version of perl in
    /usr/local in addition to the version shown above.

    hp

    --
    _ | Peter J. Holzer | Deprecating human carelessness and
    |_|_) | Sysadmin WSR | ignorance has no successful track record.
    Peter J. Holzer, Jan 21, 2012