Perl Web Developer Wanted!

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by hrit24@gmail.com, Jun 15, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovative Interactive Marketing &
    Technology Company?

    Advertising.com is the most innovative company in online advertising,
    with pioneering technologies and strategies that have made us one of
    most successful dots in the dot.com world. We conduct strategic
    marketing campaigns that guarantee results for our clients. And for
    employees, we offer a one-of-a-kind place to begin or advance your
    career. We're the best in our business because we attract the best
    people. So we hope you'll take a minute to see what the dot is all
    about.

    The Web Applications Developer will be involved in developing and
    maintaining on-line dynamic content and web based applications for the
    organization and its clients.

    Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
    · Full life cycle development of web pages and web applications for
    the company and external clients.
    · Provide technical support for internal and external clients.
    · Provide support and operations of production systems in a 24x7
    environment.
    · Perform other job-related activities and duties as requested.

    Required Skills:
    · Thorough knowledge of web page production and design.
    · Thorough knowledge of the software development life cycle with
    emphasis on implementing production level systems in a rapid
    development environment.
    · Proficient use in HTML, JavaScript, Style Sheets (CSS), frames and
    design implementation.
    · Working knowledge of PERL, PHP and Unix/Apache website management.
    · Working knowledge of Java, JSP and Tomcat website management.
    · Prior knowledge and use of database technologies: SQL, Oracle,
    MySQL, PERL DBI.
    · Ability to maintain own workflow and work under minimal
    supervision.
    · Must possess strong customer service skills, excellent
    communication skills (both written and verbal), and exchange
    information with others clearly and concisely; ability to present ideas
    and facts.
    · Ability to respond to frequent pressure to meet deadlines when work
    speed and sustained accuracy are paramount.
    · Ability to work harmoniously and effectively as part of a work
    team.

    Experience Required:
    · 3-5 years experience.
    · Bachelor's degree.

    Here's what you'll get:
    · Entrepreneurial environment.
    · Competitive compensation program and Comprehensive benefits.
    · Approachable leadership.
    · A corporate culture where fun is a priority.
    · Opportunities to further develop your skills and refine your
    talent.
    · Work life / personal life balance.

    Don't miss out on this great opportunity-Take Charge of Your Career and
    Apply Now!

    Located on Tide Point's beautiful promenade in Baltimore's Inner
    Harbor, Advertising.com is an energetic, fun, progressive place to
    work. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please
    reference the job title included in this posting in your cover letter
    and submit your resume to

    http://www2.openhire.com/epostings/...8007&company_id=15671&version=1&jobboardid=24.

    To review our professional credentials in more detail and find out more
    about our fun, creative, collaborative environment, please view our
    website; www.advertising.com

    EEO/AA
    , Jun 15, 2006

  2. >>>>> "hrit24@gmail" == hrit24@gmail com <> writes:

    hrit24@gmail> Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovative Interactive Marketing &
    hrit24@gmail> Technology Company?

    Are you looking to join a company that hides behind a GMAIL address
    and *spams* a technical group?

    Do you have no morals?

    Do you have no sense of business ethics?

    Then please email your resume to ! Over and over again, to
    make sure they get it. In fact, you might want to send it as a PDF to make
    sure they have the fonts to make your resume look good.

    I suspect they even might choose you quicker if you send a video of yourself
    telling them exactly what qualifies you as a potential candidate. Be sure
    to use the highest bitrate possible.

    [If it's not obvious, this kind of post is NOT WELCOME HERE and only
    an idiot would have done this. Do you want to work for an idiot?]

    Randal L. Schwartz, Jun 16, 2006

  3. Mirco Wahab Guest

    Thus spoke Randal L. Schwartz (on 2006-06-16 04:49):

    > ... Do you want to work for an idiot? ...

    Isn't this what almost all people do almost every day ;-)

    Regards

    Mirco
    Mirco Wahab, Jun 16, 2006
  4. Mirco Wahab <> wrote:
    > Thus spoke Randal L. Schwartz (on 2006-06-16 04:49):
    >
    >> ... Do you want to work for an idiot? ...

    > Isn't this what almost all people do almost every day ;-)

    _I_ do not work for an idiot. [1]

    [1] Shameless kissing up, since my boss reads this newsgroup. :) :)

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Jun 16, 2006
  5. Uri Guttman Guest

    TM> Mirco Wahab <> wrote:
    >> Thus spoke Randal L. Schwartz (on 2006-06-16 04:49):
    >>
    >>> ... Do you want to work for an idiot? ...

    >> Isn't this what almost all people do almost every day ;-)

    TM> _I_ do not work for an idiot. [1]

    in russia, the idiot works for you! :)

    TM> [1] Shameless kissing up, since my boss reads this newsgroup. :) :)

    be careful of who you kiss! :)

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Jun 16, 2006
  6. On 2006-06-15, someone wrote:
    > Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovative Interactive Marketing &
    > Technology Company?

    You have posted a job posting or a resume in a technical group.

    Longstanding Usenet tradition dictates that such postings go into
    groups with names that contain "jobs", like "misc.jobs.offered", not
    technical discussion groups like the ones to which you posted.

    Had you read and understood the Usenet user manual posted frequently to
    "news.announce.newusers", you might have already known this. :) (If
    n.a.n is quieter than it should be, the relevent FAQs are available at
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/news/news.announce.newusers.html)
    Another good source of information on how Usenet functions is
    news.newusers.questions (information from which is also available at
    http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/).

    Please do not explain your posting by saying "but I saw other job
    postings here". Just because one person jumps off a bridge, doesn't
    mean everyone does. Those postings are also in error, and I've
    probably already notified them as well.

    If you have questions about this policy, take it up with the news
    administrators in the newsgroup news.admin.misc.

    http://jobs.perl.org may be of more use to you

    Yours for a better usenet,

    dha

    He was from the planet Blobnar.
    - Jon Orwant
    David H. Adler, Jun 16, 2006
  7. Uri Guttman <> wrote:

    > TM> Mirco Wahab <> wrote:
    > >> Thus spoke Randal L. Schwartz (on 2006-06-16 04:49):

    > >> Isn't this what almost all people do almost every day ;-)

    > TM> _I_ do not work for an idiot. [1]
    >
    > in russia, the idiot works for you! :)
    >
    > TM> [1] Shameless kissing up, since my boss reads this newsgroup. :) :)
    >
    > be careful of who you kiss! :)

    s/who/what/;

    Tad McClellan, Jun 16, 2006
  8. Peter Wyzl Guest

    "Tad McClellan" <> wrote in message
> [...]

    <snip>

    > s/who/what/;

    I haven't posted here for a while, life does that from time to time, but
    this thread makes me realise,

    God I miss you guys...

    Ok, back to work now...

    just some random idiot