perl web performance under load (win2K)?

Discussion in 'Perl' started by llama, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. llama

    llama Guest

    Hello,
    Don't want to touch off a religious war, but does anyone have any
    firsthand experience with perl scripts running under windows 2000
    either IIS or apache? I've lately done a lot of one off development
    of sites using perl scripts under IIS on win2K server lately. My
    latest project has the potential of becoming much more legacy. FOr
    now, perl should easily do the job (about 20-ish users per day tops).
    But what if this thing scales up to say 200-300+ users? Basically
    this is a front end to a database, probably a mySQL database via the
    DBI, DBD:mySQL modules. All running on windows 2000 most likely.
    The scripts mainly build the SQL statements on the fly, suck in
    html template files and send the page back to the browser. Does
    anyone have any good magazine articles/web pages discussing this
    type of thing?

    thanks,
    andrew

    llama, Jul 23, 2003